Senior Payroll Specialist
Company: WP Engine
Posted on: February 15, 2020
WP Engine is seeking a Senior Payroll Specialist to lead all
payroll processes for our US operations. By working closely with
the greater Accounting and Finance teams, you'll have the ability
to make a lasting impact for our growing organization.What's cool
about this jobAs a Senior Payroll Specialist, you will process
payroll for our US operations. In this role you will work closely
with the Sr. Global Payroll Specialist to streamline our payroll
processes to help us scale with the growth of the business. You
will also have the opportunity to partner closely with other teams
within the business such as our People Operations, Financial
Systems, Accounting and Finance teams. You will have the chance to
create a lasting impact in driving value for our employees through
your customer service mindset.The day to day
- Review and ensure accuracy of payroll information, including
new hires, terminations, benefit changes, garnishments, 401(k)
contributions, and employee data changes.
- Ensure multi-state payroll for exempt and non-exempt employees
is accurate and processed on a timely basis.
- Reconcile salary, payroll taxes, and other deductions from
payroll reports to general ledger and prepare and post payroll
journal entries after each payroll run.
- Assist with preparing payroll related reconciliations for audit
purposes (workers comp, corporate insurance renewals, yearly
- Research and respond to inquiries from employees, vendors, and
taxing agencies on payroll related matters.
- Maintain accurate and organized payroll records.
- Maintain a high level of confidentiality.
- Perform ad hoc accounting projects and payroll reports on an
Your skills and expertiseMinimum Qualifications:
- 3-5 years of multistate payroll processing experience.
- Working knowledge of FLSA and other federal and state laws
related to payroll (e.g., hours and taxation).
- Working knowledge of generally accepted accounting principles
- Outstanding communication and interpersonal skills, ability to
provide excellent service to employees at all levels.
- Ability to analyze and resolve complex payroll questions.
- Ability to remain flexible in a rapidly changing
- Enjoy a fast paced deadline oriented atmosphere.
- Ability to work independently and take ownership of multiple
concurrent and diversified tasks, while working within
- Sense of urgency and strong attention to detail.
- High proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
- Paylocity, UltiPro and Netsuite experience.
- BA/BS in Accounting or related field.
- Experience working in the software or services industry.
The perks and benefits:
- Compensation (We offer market competitive salaries)
- Health Benefits (100% Paid Employee Medical, Dental, and
- 401(k) (Make the most of retirement)
- Life and Disability Insurance (100% Paid Life, STD, LTD and
- Generous Vacation Time (Who doesn't like time off)
- Transportation (Downtown parking or commuter
- Lunch (Provided Tuesday - Thursday)
- Gym membership discount
At WP Engine, we strive to have the broadest possible view of
diversity, going beyond visible differences to include the
background, experiences, skills, and perspectives that make each
person unique. WP Engine is proud to be an equal opportunity
workplace and is committed to equal employment opportunity
regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national
origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status,
disability, gender identity, Veteran status, or any other basis
protected by federal, state, or local law.
Keywords: WP Engine, Austin , Senior Payroll Specialist, Human Resources , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!