Company: La Quinta Inns & Suites
Posted on: November 11, 2019
La Quinta by Wyndham is now seeking a Room Attendant to join our
team at the La Quinta by Wyndham Austin at The Domain location in
Austin, Texas. Job Summary The Room Attendant is responsible for
maintaining clean and attractive guestrooms while providing
attentive, courteous and efficient service to all guests. Education
- High School diploma or equivalent and/or experience in a hotel
or a related field preferred. Physical Requirements
- Flexible and long hours sometimes required.
- Medium work - Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally,
and/or 20 pounds of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry,
push, pull or otherwise move objects.
- Ability to stand during entire shift. General Requirements
- Must be able to effectively communicate both verbally and
written, with all level of employees and guests in an attentive,
friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, and
clarifying concerns raised by employees and guests.
- Must be able to multitask and prioritize departmental functions
to meet deadlines.
- Approach all encounters with guests and employees in an
attentive, friendly, courteous and service-oriented manner.
- Attend all hotel required meetings and trainings.
- Maintain regular attendance in compliance with Wyndham Hotels &
Resorts Standards, as required by scheduling, which will vary
according to the needs of the hotel.
- Maintain high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which includes wearing the proper uniform and nametag.
- Comply with Wyndham Hotels & Resorts Standards and regulations
to encourage safe and efficient hotel operations.
- Maximize efforts towards productivity, identify problem areas
and assist in implementing solutions.
- Must be effective in handling problems, including anticipating,
preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must be able to understand and apply complex information, data,
etc. from various sources to meet appropriate objectives.
- Must be able to cross-train in other hotel related areas.
- Must be able to maintain confidentiality of information.
- Must be able to show initiative, including anticipating guest
or operational needs.
- Perform other duties as requested by management.
- Maintain a warm and friendly demeanor at all times. Fundamental
- Employees must at all times be attentive, friendly, helpful and
courteous to all guests, managers and fellow employees.
- Thoroughly clean guestrooms according to standards.
- Complete all pre-cleaning duties, including but not limited to,
guest supplies, cleaning supplies, and linen for housekeeping cart
- Remove all trash and dirty linen from guestrooms and
- Keep all hallways, public areas and closets clean, neat and
vacuumed (if applicable).
- Restock housekeeping cleaning cart for next day's use.
- Replenish chemical bottles.
- Clean room with the door closed according to standards, unless
requested to do otherwise by the guest.
- Report all missing items from room (i.e., irons/boards, hair
dryers, etc.) to Housekeeping Supervisor/Manager.
- Report any maintenance repairs immediately to Housekeeping
- Handle items for "Lost and Found" according to the
- Ensure overall guest satisfaction. COMPANY OVERVIEW: Wyndham
Hotels & Resorts is the largest hotel franchisor in the world and a
leading hotel management company. We stand 20 brands strong across
9,000 hotels in more than 80 countries, and we offer the most
diverse collection of hotel experiences in the world. Our iconic
brands, united by the richest and simplest rewards program in the
business, make hotel travel possible for all. Our hotel owners are
the stewards of our brands, and together, we champion everyday
travelers. We believe guests deserve great experiences, and our
robust portfolio-distinguished by our leading economy and midscale
brands-delivers just that. We are AmericInn® by Wyndham, Baymont®
by Wyndham, Days Inn® by Wyndham, Dazzler® by Wyndham, Dolce Hotels
and Resorts® by Wyndham, Esplendor® Boutique Hotels by Wyndham,
Hawthorn Suites by Wyndham®, Howard Johnson® by Wyndham, La Quinta®
Inns & Suites, Microtel by Wyndham®, Ramada Encore by Wyndham,
Ramada Worldwide® by Wyndham, Super 8® by Wyndham, The Trademark
Collection® by Wyndham, Travelodge® by Wyndham, TRYP by Wyndham®,
Wingate by Wyndham®, Wyndham Garden®, Wyndham Grand® and Wyndham
Hotels and Resorts®. Headquartered in Parsippany, N.J. with offices
around the globe in London, Shanghai, Buenos Aires, Dubai and more,
Wyndham Hotels & Resorts employs approximately 15,000 team members
worldwide. Our Company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer.
Job Location: La Quinta by Wyndham Austin at The Domain, 11901
North Mopac Expway, Austin, Texas 78759 Employment Status:
Full-time Please see Description
Keywords: La Quinta Inns & Suites, Austin , Room Attendant, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!