KAI ESA Housekeeper Full Time
Company: Extended Stay America
Posted on: September 23, 2019
POSITION PURPOSE AND SUMMARY
The full time Kai Housekeeper position is responsible for assisting
the management team in overseeing the tasks, training and standards
of the Housekeeping department when needed. The position is
expected to work independently with limited supervision from
management. This position will assist to optimize performance
through continous improvement, and the execution of all standards
set within the Kai ESA initiative. The position is responsible for
working directly with the Maintenance Engineer on the preventative
maintenance/deep cleaning program, assisting management with guest
room inspections and any additional duties assigned by the
MAJOR / KEY JOB DUTIES
- Demonstrates and promotes a 100% commitment to providing the
best possible experience for our guests and associates.
- Job functions to include training of new and existing
Housekeepers, guest room inspections, and adherence to company
standards, policies and procedures.
- Ensures housekeeping carts, cart rooms and laundry areas are
maintained to company standard.
- Works directly with the Maintenance Engineer to perform the
guest room preventative maintenance/deep cleaning.
- Performs daily housekeeping tasks in guest rooms.
- Responsible for overall hotel cleanliness.
- Motivates and drives company initiatives within the
- Schedules daily housekeeping assignment boards when
- Performs duties in housekeeping and laundry departments as
- Other duties as requested by the management team.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES & COMPETENCIES
- Ability to communicate effectively with management and staff
and comprehend instructions, short correspondence, and
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of
measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and
- Ability to apply good judgment at all times.
- Ability to oversee daily activities of 3 to 7 housekeeping
associates on staff
- Skills to coach and train new and existing housekeeping
associates on company standards, guidelines and
- Ability to prioritize tasks and duties to ensure that daily
housekeeping operations are performed at peak efficiency.
ENVIRONMENTAL JOB REQUIREMENTS
- While performing the duties of this job, the associate is
regularly required to remain stationary, be mobile, navigate the
hotel, handle, reach, and detect objects, tools, or controls, and
detect scent and detect sounds.
- The associate must be able to position self to access low
areas, traverse heights and remain stable while doing so, balance,
and the ability to bend, kneel, or crouch.
- The associate must be able to occasionally push/pull objects
(carts/cleaning equipment) weighing up to 50 pounds.
- The associate must have the ability to discern or detect items
in guest rooms to ensure safe performance of work.
- The associate may frequently work in outside weather conditions
(depending on hotel).
- The associate occasionally works in wet humid conditions (non
weather related), near moving mechanical parts, in the presence of
fumes or airborne particles and toxic or caustic chemicals, and
risk of electical shock.
- The work environment typically will be at moderate to loud
- The associate may be asked to travel to help additional
locations within a reasonable geography.
- Previous hotel experience required
ESA Management, LLC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the
policy of ESA Management, LLC to treat applicants and associates in
all aspects of the employment relationship without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, sex, pregnancy, age (as defined under
applicable law), national origin or ancestry, disability status,
veteran status, genetic information or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Protected
Keywords: Extended Stay America, Austin , KAI ESA Housekeeper Full Time, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!