Prep/Line Cook - Austin
Company: Perry's Steakhouse
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Perry's Line Cook Job Description
FLSA Status: Part time, non-exempt
The line cook is responsible for the daily set up and preparation
of food items in the station(s) for each shift. These stations
include the broiler, saut--, fry and middle. Line cooks are
responsible for preparing, cooking and plating of all items coming
out of the kitchen in accordance with Perry's standards.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- Set up each station(s) according to restaurant guidelines and
- Prepare ingredients for cooking, including portioning,
chopping, and storing food appropriately.
- Stock and maintain food and food items according to the chef's
specification as needed throughout each shift.
- Accurately weigh, measure, and mix ingredients by following
- Operate ovens, stoves, grills, microwaves, and fryers.
- Develop and maintain positive communication with
- Prepare, cook and plate all food items as directed in a
sanitary and timely manner.
- Perform basic preparation duties, including washing and peeling
produce and handling raw meats, following restaurant specifications
for quality while following proper food handling and sanitation
- Follow proper portion controls and presentation as indicated
according to recipe specifications.
- Monitor food quality while preparing and prior to setting it on
the expo line.
- Clean and maintain station in practicing good safety,
sanitation, and organizational skills.
- Proper use and maintenance of all equipment in each
- Assist with the cleaning, sanitation, and organization of
kitchen, walk-in coolers, and all storage areas.
- Perform additional responsibilities, although not detailed, as
requested by the Chefs or Managers as needed. Qualifications
- At least 2 years of experience in a full service restaurant,
fine dining setting preferred.
- Basic understanding of recipe, preparation, cooking and knife
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food
- Ability to follow directions.
- Ability to work as a team and communicate effectively.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure in a fast
- Must have a positive attitude and be self motivated.
- Having pride in quality service, and food knowledge
- Must be able to work 2 or 3 stations during a single shift
- Must be able to multi-task
- Basic mathematical skills required.
- Substantial movements (motion) of the wrist, hands, and/or
fingers in a repetitive manner.
- Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally to lift, carry,
pull, or otherwise move objects.
- Ascending or descending stairs, ramps and the like, using feet
and legs and/or hands and arms while balancing a tray with one
- Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent falling when walking,
standing or crouching between narrow, elevated and/or slippery
- Raising objects from a lower to a higher position or moving
object horizontally from position to position.
- Visual awareness and hearing sufficient to interact in a
- Must be able to stand for extended durations (5-10 hour
- Ability to reach, bend, stoop and frequently lift 50 pounds
- Ability to withstand a work environment in which average
temperatures can exceed 90 degrees.
- Adhering to the proper safety equipment standards and uniform
procedures (wearing the proper slip resistant shoes, chef coat &
chef pants, proper head attire, etc.)
- This position is considered part-time. Standard days and hours
of work are Sunday through Saturday, 10:00 a.m. to 10 p.m. This
position will require weekend and holiday work.\
- Occasional environmental exposures to heat, cold, and
- This job operates in a restaurant environment. Require use of
- Well-lighted, heated and/or air-conditioned indoor restaurant
environment/production setting with adequate ventilation.
- May occasionally be exposed to variable temperatures depending
on the season
Keywords: Perry's Steakhouse, Austin , Prep/Line Cook - Austin, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!