Merchandising Program Merchant - Tools
Company: McCoy's Building Supply
Location: San Marcos
Posted on: January 14, 2019
SUMMARYNegotiates merchandise program details to support store sales, including, but not limited to, assortments,pricing, payment terms, and promotions. Responsible for the financial performance of assigned categories: Inventory Turnover, Gross Margin, GMROI and Sales. Develops and executes marketing and advertising programs to support stores sales effort. RESPONSIBILITIESinclude the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Supports store operations with negotiated programs within assigned categories. Solicits Regionaland Store Manager input regarding assigned categories. I.E. Listens to problems, complaints and compliments. Acts to resolve problems, build on successes.
- Meets periodically with existing vendors to plan and review existing programs. Communicates McCoy sprogram requirements, program performance, store requests, assortment changes, etc. Reviews pending changes in vendor product mix.
- Prepares and presents Program Financial Reviews and analyses for Stock and Express Sales in assignedcategories. Includes discussion and analyses of program performance, specifically Turnover, Gross Margin, GMROI and Sales. Also includes vendor performance analyses regarding lead time, error rates, quality and customer service.
- Prepares and presents Program Line Reviews for Stock and Express Sales in assigned categories. LineReviews include all areas of Program Financial Reviews and comparison of existing vendor to competitors in the category. Negotiations during the Line Review incorporate store needs and corporate financial goals.
- Develops and implements marketing and advertising programs to promote assigned product categories.Responsible for negotiating and collecting coop advertising funds to support marketing and advertising expense. Reviews each campaign s results for effectiveness and efficiency.
- Meets with potential vendors of existing and new products. Develops and implements new products/programsas needed to support stores sales efforts. Includes establishing performance goals, displays, set-up or resets, negotiated minimums, payment terms, negotiating costs, researching and establishing competitive retails, etc. Communicates complete program, schedules,etc. to stores by working interdependently with Integration Specialist and all other involved departments.
- Works interdependently with Merchandising Services and Accounting Departments to ensure SKU and invoiceaccuracy. Keeps McCoy system information and vendor information synchronized. Manages costs and retails to maximize sales and gross margins.
- Works interdependently with Inventory Management Replenishment Buyers and Store associates to inventorylevels are appropriate for each store and season in assigned product categories. Keep McCoy system information and vendor information synchronized. Manages, with Replenishment Buyers, inventory levels to maximize sales and inventory turnover.
- Acts on store requested items in a timely manner. Sets up SKU information in McCoy s system as appropriate.Works interdependently with store personnel to ensure good financial and assortment decisions are made.
- Understands, at the storelevel, competitive cost and retail situations. Acts to raise or lower selling prices as appropriate. Understands, at the national, regional and local levels competitive supplier costs. Acts to lower incoming costs wherever possible. QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university; or two to five years related experience and/or training;or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures,or governmental regulations. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area,circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limitedstandardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Basic computer skills including experience with word processing, spreadsheets, and point-of-sale systems.
- Meets company driving requirements.WORKAVAILABILITY
- Must be regularly available and willing to work at least 8 to 12 hours per day, 40 to 60 hours per week,or such other hours per day or hours per week as the employer determines are necessary or desirable to meet business needs. Associated topics: inventory, merchandise, merchandiser, merchandising, procurement, retail merchandiser, stocking, supply chain, warehouse, warehouse associate
Keywords: McCoy's Building Supply, Austin , Merchandising Program Merchant - Tools, Hospitality & Tourism , San Marcos, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!