Director Of Catering and Convention Services
Company: Sheraton Austin At The Capitol
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-TX-Austin# of Openings: 1Category: CateringPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: ExemptAbout Us
Perfect Downtown Location! Centrally located in downtown Austin, the Sheraton Austin features 367 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Our associates are given a culture that focuses on providing our guests with a unique hotel experience. We take care of you so that you can take care of our guests. At the Sheraton Austin, we provide our associates with free parking, free monthly bus passes and a healthy meal each shift. We focus on growth and development so that your career can soar. Want to learn more about what it's like to work for us? Apply now!
Lead the management, coordination and execution of the Catering Department.
- Understanding of pace and productivity as well as monthly forecasting and the annual budget process.
- Optimize the catering mix of business and the use of historical data.
- Assist Director of Catering in evaluating every catering business opportunity to maximize revenue and profitability while achieving customer expectations.
- Interview, hire, train, develop, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate of staff members.
- Assist in maintaining or exceeding budgeted sales and profits in all catering areas.
- Implement effective marketing plans for generating catering revenues.
- Carefully review all contracted services to assure proper contribution to profits.
- Identify trends, research the competition's products, services and pricing and use to develop strategic business plans.
- Optimize room rental charges.
- Experience selling to a variety of market segments.
- Consistently book repeat business by having a track record of long term client relationships.
- Actively participate in industry related organizations (NACE, MPI).
- Thorough knowledge of sales techniques including strong closing skills as well as negotiating skills.
- Comfortable with hotel site inspections and client presentations.
- Participate in trade shows and sales blitzes.
- Track record of strong prospecting efforts.
- Actively participate in community/civic activities to maintain awareness within community and to create booking opportunities.
- Excellent creative skills to provide innovative set-ups, menus, and functions for groups. Ability to generate creative and innovative menus while working closely with Chef on pricing specialty menus.
- Work closely with Director of Catering and banquet department on operations and event execution. Ability to quickly evaluate alternatives and decide on a plan of action.
- Experience providing A/V equipment and operating A/V as a profit center.
- Excellent knowledge of computers, specifically Delphi, Word and Excel. Utilization of the Delphi trace and activity tools while conducting business.
- Monitor group room blocks and pick up, generate detailed resumes for the operating departments.
- Ability to work with outside vendors to ensure client satisfaction for all events/groups.
- Detailed execution of all banquet event orders generated by the entire Catering and Convention Services Department.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Prior experience in the field of hospitality with specific experience in catering sales.
- Associate or Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Must possess computer skills, including, but not limited to, use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and Delphi. Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills, as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required. Extensive knowledge of catering sales & convention services skills, revenue management, recruitment, supervision, training, and motivation of managers.
- Knowledge of hotel operations, including marketing plans, security and safety programs, personnel and labor relations, preparation of business plans, repairs, maintenance, budget forecasting, quality assurance programs, hospitality law, and long-range planning.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106831239
Keywords: Sheraton Austin At The Capitol, Austin , Director Of Catering and Convention Services, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!