Company: Sheraton Austin At The Capitol
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Location: US-TX-Austin# of Openings: 1Category: HousekeepingPosition Type: Regular Full-TimeFLSA Status: Non-ExemptAbout Us
Perfect Downtown Location! Centrally located in downtown Austin, the Sheraton Austin features 367 beautifully appointed guest rooms. Our associates are given a culture that focuses on providing our guests with a unique hotel experience. We take care of you so that you can take care of our guests. At the Sheraton Austin, we provide our associates with free parking, free monthly bus passes and a healthy meal each shift. We focus on growth and development so that your career can soar. Want to learn more about what it's like to work for us? Apply now!
Maintain the building to ensure safe and clean experience for hotel guests, associates and vendors. Provide Housekeeping Team direction and support.
- Supervise the housekeeping staff; providing open communication, training, coaching and counseling and providing performance feedback to ensure maximum efficiency.
- Interview, hire, train, recommend performance evaluations, resolve problems, provide open communication and recommend discipline and/or termination when appropriate.
- Supervise and inspect the cleaning of the guest rooms, turndown service, public areas and back of the house; ensure compliance with accident/loss prevention programs, health/sanitation standards and regulations to achieve a high level of cleanliness and guest satisfaction.
- Issue assignments to staff reviewing special requests and areas of concentration to ensure a smooth flow of the housekeeping operation.
- Issue supplies/goods to staff at beginning of shift in order to control inventory and ensure proper supplies are available while controlling expenses.
- Respond to guest requests, concerns and problems to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Log items into the Lost and Found and answer inquires to maintain controls and ensure guest satisfaction.
- Implement emergency training and procedures to ensure appropriate protection of the hotel, guests, staff and company assets.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a regular basis.
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Housekeeping experience preferred.
- Ability to grasp, lift, carry or otherwise move materials weighing up to 100 lbs. with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Ability to move throughout building, bend, stoop and reach to assist other staff members, i.e., room attendants, housepersons, and inspectors to complete their individual tasks if situation demands with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public etc.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental and financial wellness, creating value in your most important investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical, Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage, including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics. PI106849994
Keywords: Sheraton Austin At The Capitol, Austin , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!