Guest Services Manager
Company: Stonebridge Companies
Posted on: May 25, 2023
The purpose of a GUEST SERVICES MANAGER is to consistent deliver
results that contribute to overall success of the hotel and the
department by accomplishing performance objectives linked to
revenues, business effectiveness and efficiencies and delivering
exemplary customer service.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Works with the hotel General Manager to achieve and exceed
guest satisfaction scores in all areas of the hotel.
- Responsible for satisfaction scores for the front desk
operations. Addresses any deficiencies in the area
- Works with the corporate training department to develop action
plans as necessary to achieve expected guest satisfaction
- Effectively trains guest service agents on proper front desk
- Recruits, interviews and selects, in conjunction with the
General Manager, the most qualified candidates for front desk
- May prepare weekly schedules for front office staff.
- Address performance deficiencies of front office staff through
coaching and disciplinary actions.
- Complete performance evaluations for front office staff
- May be responsible for posting weekly guest satisfaction scores
for hotel associates to see and review.
- Ensures guest service agents are in compliance with clean, neat
uniforms and name badges.
- Required reports are timely and of a quality that can be shared
- Rates are accurate and monitored daily.
- Is proficient at managing inventory in the property management
- Frequently meets with and reviews work generated by the night
- Maintains regular attendance and is consistently on time.
- Maintains high standards of personal appearance and grooming,
which include compliance with the dress code.
- Performs any other duties as requested by supervisor.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable qualified
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential duties of
DESIRED COMPETENCIES, WORK SKILLS, AND KNOWLEDGE
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate
the following competencies. Other competencies not listed may be
required for specific positions. The requirements listed below are
representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or abilities
Associate demonstrates ORGANIZATIONAL SUPPORT
- Observes and adheres to safety and security procedures,
promoting a safe work environment.
- Ensures new hires complete new hire orientation.
Associate demonstrates INITIATIVE
- Seeks out new assignments and assumes additional duties when
- Able to reach effective solutions, poses good questions,
consults helpful resources, and does not stop at the first answer
he/she comes across.
Associate demonstrates exemplary DEPENDABILITY / RELIABILITY
- Can be relied upon regarding task completion and follow
- Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent.
Associate demonstrates ACCOUNTABILITY for their job performance
- Takes ownership of all work performed and communicated.
- Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an
Associate demonstrates acceptable PRODUCTIVITY standards
- Organizes resources, performs tasks, and coordinates with other
functions to most effectively and efficiently perform work
responsibilities and accomplish objectives on a timely basis.
- Assists department in exceeding productivity standards.
Associate demonstrates effective PROBLEM SOLVING
- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner, using
intuition and experience to complement data.
- Gathers and analyzes information skillfully.
Associate demonstrates WORKPLACE RESPECT to all associates
- Demonstrates knowledge of EEO policy and promotes a
- Shows respect and sensitivity for cultural differences.
- Able to build morale and group commitments to achieve goals and
Associate demonstrates effective ORAL /WRITTEN COMMUNICATION
- Practices attentive and active listening with all
- Listens without interruption and gets clarification.
- Actively participates in meetings, contributing ideas to
improve the company.
Associate demonstrates excellent CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILLS
- Solicits customer feedback to improve service.
- Personally demonstrates a commitment to customer service by
anticipating and responding promptly to guest needs.
Associate demonstrates effective FINANCIAL MANAGEMENT skills
- Monitors and controls labor costs.
- Seeks approval for overtime, if required.
Associate effectively MANAGES PEOPLE
- Provides regular performance feedback and proactively addresses
performance concerns of staff.
- Develops staff so that successful customer service scores are
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS:
- Bachelor's degree (B. A.) from four-year college or university;
or one to two years related experience and/or training; or
equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules,
operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or
employees of organization
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts,
interest, commissions, and percentages.
- Ability to interpret and perform basic computer functions.
Knowledge of Outlook, Word, and Excel.
- Position has supervisory responsibilities of front office
The work environment normally entails the following:
- Indoor work environment
- Minimal to moderate noise levels consistent with hotel
During the course of performing the physical demands of this
position, associates are expected to observe and adhere to safety
and security procedures, promoting a safe work environment.
The physical activity normally entails the following
Position is expected to:
- Stand more than 2/3 of the time
- Walk less than 1/3 of the time
- Sit less than 1/3 of the time
- Lift up to 15 lbs less than 1/3 of the time.
- Push / pull up to 15 pounds.
Our company does not discriminate against its associates or
applicants because of race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy,
national origin, ancestry, age, marital status, sexual orientation,
veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition.
Equal employment opportunity will be extended to all persons in all
aspects of the employer-associate relationships, including
recruitment, hiring, advancement, compensation, benefits, training,
promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination.
Every reasonable accommodation will be made for disabled
Resumes and applications for employment will be evaluated on the
basis of qualifications to meet the requirements of the position
and ability to perform the requirements of the position.
Keywords: Stonebridge Companies, Austin , Guest Services Manager, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...