Pastry Sous Chef
Company: The Resort at Paws Up and the green o
Posted on: March 19, 2023
*This position is located in Greenough, Montana*About The Resort
at Paws Up The Resort at Paws Up is America's premier luxury ranch
resort. Set on a 37,000-acre ranch, Paws Up embodies the spirit of
the American West. It's a family owned and award-winning
destination that truly inspires.PurposeThe role of the Pastry Sous
Chef is to assist the Pastry Chef in leading our pastry team in the
production and direction of preparing a variety of desserts,
pastries or other amenities for the various outlets and events at
The Resort at Paws Up. This position is responsible for enhancement
of creativity, timely execution and involvement within various
culinary events. The Primary Functions are:
- Create new and exciting desserts to refresh our menus and
engage our guests.
- Prepare a wide variety of goods such as cakes, cookies, pies,
etc. following traditional and modern recipes.
- Work closely with the Culinary leadership team to assist in
creating menus that are unique and restaurant specific. Creativity
is strongly encouraged.
- Carry out and monitor the production of pastry items to
specifications and ensure that consistency and quality are executed
to the highest standard.
- Supervise and coordinate the preparation and production of all
pastry items according to the highest standards and menu
- Monitor stock pars for baking ingredients and make appropriate
- Provide day-to-day guidance and oversight of team members;
actively promote, train, coach, and recognize performance.
- Keep up-to-date knowledge on all menu items including
preparation, any allergens, and alternative preparations.
- Maintain an orderly cooking station and adhere to health and
- Promote teamwork and foster a harmonious working environment,
often under strict timelines and short turnarounds.
- Understand how to flex when necessary to meet labor
expectations; ability to adjust daily operations to be in line with
the budget with final approval by Executive Chef and Pastry
- Improve service by communicating and assist the team to
understand our guest needs, providing guidance, feedback, and
individual coaching when needed.
- Submit future goals, operational improvements, and personnel
management to the Pastry Chef.
- Attend and participate all mandatory meetings and
- Communicate and maintain timelines and priorities.
- Maintain flexible hours to accommodate guest and special event
needs, due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry;
position requires full availability including evenings, weekends,
holidays or as needed.Looking for Team Members with:
- High school diploma, GED or vocational training or job-related
- Minimum of 4 years of experience in the Pastry field
- Minimum of 2 years of experience in management of a team
- Proven ability to lead and manage a team
- Knowledge of genuine hospitality and service management
- Demonstrate the ability to work efficiently in a fast-paced
- Display a sense of urgency, attention to detail, and a strong
desire for continued learning
- Enjoy the challenge of effectively managing multiple tasks
without sacrificing quality
- Valid Montana Food Handler s license
- Valid driver s license and the ability to meet company driving
policyTeam Members can look forward to:
- Medical, Dental, Vision
- Life Insurance, Long Term and Short-Term Disability
- 401K with match
- Opportunities for career development and advancement
- Carpool reimbursement $5-$20/Day
- Housing Assistance Available
- Complimentary Lunch Provided
- Employee Discounts on Merchandise
- A great work environment in a beautiful luxury resort
settingCheck it out for yourself! Join The HERDThe Resort at Paws
Up provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and
applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and
harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion,
age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of
employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion,
termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence,
compensation, and training. Share
Keywords: The Resort at Paws Up and the green o, Austin , Pastry Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...