Cook (3K Sign On Bonus) - (17-19/hr) - Full Time - Austin, TX
Company: Cenikor Foundation
Posted on: March 18, 2023
Cenikor's Value Proposition - What's In It for You?
- PURPOSE -in your work - service to others, giving back to your
community, helping to save lives, being fulfilled at work. -
- COMPETITIVE PAY, BENEFITS, PAID TIME OFF, $2k - $4k TUITION
REIMBURSEMENT, up to 10% 401K -and -BONUSES -- we hire and reward
- STABILITY -and -GROWTH -- more than 55 years in business - our
strong financial processes support our drive to serve more people
and ensure stability for our team members.
- CONTINUOUS LEARNING -and -PROFESSIONAL DEVELOPMENT -- we are
committed to developing our leaders in their desired career path
and promoting from within. We have Cenikor Career Pathways Program
that you can join after 90 days of employment. We also have an
annual leadership development program with assigned mentors to help
you achieve your professional goals. More than 25% of our total
employees have been promoted the last 4 years.
- STUDENT LOAN FORGIVENESS -- The Public Service Loan Forgiveness
(PSLF) forgives your qualified student loans if working for a
non-profit for a specific period of time. -
- The work we do isn't easy. -If you like purposeful hard work,
serving others and having FUN with your team while achieving goals,
Cenikor will be the right place for you!We have recently updated
-our starting rates for the Full TIme Cook position to $17 -
$19/hour! -Cenikor Foundation is a non profit organization and one
of the largest substance abuse treatment centers in the nation. We
are currently seeking -a full time cook for our -facility in
Austin, TX.JOB SUMMARY:Responsible for all kitchen duties including
preparing food for clients, following all sanitation and safety
regulations as well as maintaining inventory.SCHEDULE:Sunday-
Thursday 5:45am-2pmESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Prepare meals for clients as scheduled.
- Follow all health codes pertaining to sanitation and safety,
including but not limited to how to properly prepare food to avoid
food-borne illnesses, cleanliness of work area and cooking
utensils, and personal grooming.
- Maintain kitchen inventory, ordering appropriate amounts to
make sure necessary ingredients are always on hand without any
going to waste, and ensuring everything is stored properly for
safety and space efficiency.
- Organize kitchen schedules, plan regular duties such as
cleaning, designing menus and making sure cooking activities are
- Must understand how to use kitchen equipment, be able to retain
certain recipes to ensure consistency, and know how to cook in bulk
and maintain portion control without generating waste.
- Maintain strict confidentiality on all client and foundation
matters and refer questionable issues to your supervisor.
- Perform additional duties as assigned and consistent with the
non-exempt functions as defined in this job
description.QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE POSITION:Skills, Knowledge and
- Basic understanding of professional cooking and knife handling
- Understanding and knowledge of safety, sanitation and food
- Commitment to quality service.
- Must be able to maintain professional boundaries with
- Ability to take direction and work in a team environment.
- Ability to work calmly and effectively under pressure.
- Must have problem solving abilities, be self-motivated, and
- Presents a professional, positive image.
- Good ethical and business standards.
- Possess good oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office software preferred, including
specific MS Outlook calendar experience.
- Ability to consistently uphold the Core Principles of Cenikor's
- Demonstrate mission of service to our clients
- Positive, respectful communication with both staff and
- Demonstrate self-motivation and perseverance to achieve
- Role model appropriate, professional behaviors including
appropriate client boundaries
- Work effectively as part of a team, helping to set up others
- High School Diploma or GED requiredExperience:
- Minimum 1-year experience with food preparation
- Food handler permit requiredIMPORTANT NOTES:EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
EMPLOYERDRUG FREE WORKPLACEPowered by JazzHR
Keywords: Cenikor Foundation, Austin , Cook (3K Sign On Bonus) - (17-19/hr) - Full Time - Austin, TX, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...