Dishwasher - KIPP North
Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
Opportunity The Dishwasher works as a part of the KIPP Austin
Public Schools Kitchen Team to maintain kitchen work areas,
equipment, plates, trays, and utensils in a clean sanitary and
orderly condition. The dishwasher may sometimes assist in food
preparation or service as necessary. This position will abide by
the strictest standards of physical and food safety, freshness and
- Keep utensils and wares clean, sanitized and properly
- Scrape and pre-rinse dirty dishes and place them in the dish
washing machine and/or clean by hand.
- Keep department cleaning supplies filled and maintained.
- Can operate dish machine to company and manufacturer
- Use proper measurements of detergent and sanitizer in the dish
- Maintain assigned workstation in a safe and sanitary
- Maintain dry storage, back-stock areas, coolers and
- Clean and sanitize production equipment, work surfaces and
kitchen according to cleaning schedules and procedures.
- Maintain acceptable standards of personal hygiene and comply
with department dress code.
- Follow safety regulations; report injuries or any unsafe
conditions and work practices to the supervisor.
- Maintain cleanliness of floors, mats, drains, walls and shelves
of kitchen area.
- Removes trash and garbage to the dumpster area.
- Support all efforts to recycle and compost.
- Assist in any area of production or service as
- Current Food Handlers card
- Must be self-motivated and able to problem solve
- Minimum of one year experience in a high volume food service
- Requires moderate physical strength. Standing, carrying,
bending, stretching, stooping, pulling, pushing & lifting weights
up to 50lbs independently.
- Multi-faceted, multi-skilled, resourceful and willing to go
above and beyond to feed healthy meals to our students.
- Possess entrepreneurial spirit, is proactive and flexible, and
is willing to play different roles in the kitchen and cafeteria in
order to meet the varied and constant needs of our students.
- Model positive and healthy character traits and habits, such as
being consistent and understanding.
- Fundamental understanding of sanitation and cleanliness
- Unquestioned integrity and commitment to the KIPP Austin
mission and KIPP Austin community.Additional
InformationCompensation and Benefits:As a full-time KIPP Texas
employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit
plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with
competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options,
life insurance, and disability plans.KIPP provides equal employment
opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal
opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race,
religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Austin , Dishwasher - KIPP North, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!