Company: LUMINAIRE/ LAS BIS
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Position SummaryThe Line Cook position for Landrace Group Inc.
is an individual who is dedicated to execute a menu and recipes set
by the executive chef. They are responsible for operating the
mechanics of the assigned station in accordance with the standards
and expectations of Luminaire. We offer competitive wages, career
progression and professional development.Essential Functions -
- Washes, cuts, slices, dices, and prepares fruits and vegetable
for salads, desserts, or further cooking.
- Weighs or measures ingredients as directed by chefs.
- Cuts or slices individual serving portions as directed.
- Assists in unloading, inspecting, and storing incoming food and
cleaning supplies and verifying packing - - lists.
- Assists chefs by preparing simple menu items and performing
duties such as stirring soups or sauces, mashing or ricing
- Assists chefs by filling bread baskets and plating appetizers,
soups, salads, entr--es, and desserts for diners.
- Keeps kitchen clean and orderly by washing counters and cooking
utensils, and by cleaning stoves, ovens, grills, and
- Follows all safety and health rules for sanitary food handling
and kitchen cleanliness. -Additional Responsibilities
- Adhere to grooming and appearance standards consistently
- Set up and work assigned station at the required level---
Consistently execute menu items while following current restaurant
recipes--- Work in a professional manner with co-workers--- Taste
all food at any required moment before and during service--- Follow
all food safety practices and kitchen safety practices--- Must be
able to improve upon existing skill set
- Assumes other duties as assigned by company management.Training
- At least a year's training at a culinary institute or previous
restaurant training and experience required. - (Actual duties
assigned may vary according to amount of previous training,
experience, and ability.)
- Sufficient strength and dexterity to handle heavy pots and pans
and to operate kitchen equipment.
- Cooperative attitude in performing a variety of tasks as
assigned.Skills and Knowledge -
- Food Safety knowledge
- Sanitation knowledge
- Basic Knife Skills
- Ability to take direction with the great attitude
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures--- - Excellent
communicator, ability to understand, speak and follow written and
verbal instructions--- - Team oriented--- - Prioritize and
multi-taskingEnvironment and Physical Demands
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Reaches, bends and stoops frequently
- Remain stationary for long periods of time
- Must be able to safetly lift and carry up to 50+ lbs
- Frequent washing of hands
- Hazards include, but are not limited to slipping, burns, cuts
Keywords: LUMINAIRE/ LAS BIS, Austin , Line Cook, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!