Posted on: November 27, 2022
***online applications accepted only***
Food service experience preferred but not required.
***Internal Employee Referral Bonus Available***
Tru by Hilton Austin Airport (Interview in the conference
7900 E. Ben White Blvd, Austin, Texas 78744
Open Interview Dates/Times
October 14, Friday at 3pm to 7pm - October 15, Saturday 10am to
October 28, Friday at 3pm to 7pm - October 29, Saturday 10am to
Job Summary: As a Sous Chef I, you are responsible for assisting
with the overall success of the food program and overseeing
culinary functions. The position entails assisting in all phases of
planning, ordering, inventory, and food preparation. This includes
adhering to the client's culture and guidelines, the Health
Department's regulations, and the company's standards and
expectations of food quality, freshness and presentation. The Sous
Chef I also motivates, trains, develops, and directs the back of
house associates preparing and cooking foods to accomplish the
objectives of the operation to the satisfaction of the customers,
clients, and management.
- Assists in coordinating and participating in the preparation and
cooking of various food items.
- Assists with planning and creating menus.
- Rolls out new culinary programs in conjunction with the marketing
and culinary team.
- Assists with managing cost controls and controlling
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- 5 years of related culinary experience including 1 year at the
- Experience in restaurants, hotels, corporate dining, education,
military, health care, and/or related food service operations.
- Knowledge of food and industry trends with a focus on quality,
production, sanitation, safety, food cost controls, and
- Ability to set up and distribute production sheets.
- Supervisory, leadership, training, management, and coaching
- ServSafe or Department of Health Certification is preferred.
- Computer skills and knowledge of MS Office products including
- Associate's degree in Culinary Arts is preferred.
Both full-time and part-time positions offer the following benefits
- Retirement Plan
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Voluntary Benefits, including Critical Illness Insurance,
Accident Insurance, Hospital Indemnity
- Insurance, Legal Services, and Choice Auto and Home Program
- Medical - Dental -Vision
- Life Insurance/AD
- Disability Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- For Immediate consideration, apply today or call 800-594-7036 to
schedule your interview.
About Compass Group: Achieving leadership in the foodservice
Eurest is recognized worldwide for standards of service and
excellence within the foodservice industry. Embracing an ownership
mindset, Eurest leverages global resources, promotes a local
presence and enriches the communities we serve. The Eurest Promise,
"connect with people, inspire through food, create solutions, and
live our promise," is exemplified throughout our organization.
Eurest is proud to serve the world's most respected successful
corporations, including many of the Fortune 500.
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are
committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on
their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to
race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual
orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected
Keywords: Eurest, Austin , Sous Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!