Company: Sonesta International Hotels
Posted on: September 22, 2022
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Deliver on the promise of Sonesta Service in all interactions
with guests and clients. Manage according to the Sonesta G.U.E.S.T.
standards and instill a passion for customer service in all
associates of the hotel.
- Partner with the Housekeeping Manager to recruit, develop,
manage and monitor performance while making any recommendations for
disciplinary and other human resources-related actions.
- Inspect all assigned suites and public areas to ensure
furnishings, guest suites, equipment, linens, and public areas are
clean and in good repair to meet guest expectations. Advise
employees of deficiencies and instruct on corrective action.
Provide retraining as needed.
- Assist with training of employees and ensuring that they have
the tools and equipment needed to effectively carry out their
respective job duties.
- Assist with scheduling and room cleaning assignments to ensure
- May perform all housekeeping duties necessary including
cleaning guest suites and hotel public space to ensure guest
satisfaction and owner expectations.
- Partner with the Housekeeping Manager to inventory and maintain
par levels for linen and room supplies.
- Monitor commercial laundry supplies and equipment to ensure
they are sufficient and in working order.
- Manage procedures of lost and found items.
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily
communication and coordination with other shifts and departmental
- Ensure compliance with federal, state and local laws regarding
health and safety services.
- Perform other duties as assigned.QUALIFICATIONS AND
- High School Diploma or equivalent plus two years housekeeping
experience including some supervisory training/experience.
- Previous background from the extended stay industry
- Ability to speak, read, and write fluent English; other
- Reading and writing abilities are required in order to document
tasks completed, to order supplies, to receive instructions for the
day and/or to read equipment manuals including safety
- Mathematical skills, including basic math, budgeting,
profit/loss concepts, percentages, and variances.
- Problem solving, reasoning, motivating, organizational and
- Experience with Microsoft Office preferred.
- Frequently standing up, bending, climbing, kneeling, and moving
about the facility.
- Will be required to regularly use commercial cleaning
- Carrying, lifting or pulling items weighing up to 50
- Will be required to work mornings, evening, weekends, and
Sonesta recognizes that benefits play a vital role in helping
ensure the health and financial security of employees and their
families. We offer a variety of benefits to our employees
including: Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, Health Savings
Account with Company Match, 401(k) Retirement Plan with Company
Match, Paid Vacation and Sick Days, Sonesta Hotel Discounts,
Educational Assistance, Paid Parental Leave, Company Paid Life
Insurance, Company Paid Short Term and Long Term Disability
Insurance and Various Employee Perks and Discounts.
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race,
national origin, religion, age, color, sex, sexual orientation,
gender identity, disability, or protected veteran status, or any
other characteristic protected by local, state, or federal laws,
rules, or regulations.
Keywords: Sonesta International Hotels, Austin , Housekeeping Supervisor, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!