Company: Summit LTC
Posted on: August 7, 2022
We are looking for a Housekeeper to become a part of our facility's
compassionate care-giving team. The successful candidate will be
responsible for performing the day-to-day activities of the
Housekeeping department in accordance with current Federal, State
and local standards, guidelines and regulations governing the
facility, and as may be instructed by the Housekeeping Supervisor,
to ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe, and
comfortable manner. We're looking for a highly competent and
well-organized professional who values safety, security and patient
wellness above all else. We focus on providing the best care
possible while ensuring patient satisfaction in every interaction.
The Housekeeper is responsible for making sure those values are
reflected at all times.ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Perform the day-to-day housekeeping functions as assigned.
- Perform specific tasks in accordance with daily work
- Coordinate daily housekeeping services with nursing service
when performing routine cleaning assignments in patient living
and/or recreational areas.
- Perform assigned tasks in accordance with established
- Ensure that assigned work areas are maintained in a clean,
safe, comfortable and attractive manner.
- Follow established safety precautions when performing tasks and
when using equipment and supplies.
- Ensure that established Infection Control practices are
maintained when performing housekeeping procedures.
- Coordinate routine/terminal isolation procedures with nursing
- Clean/polish furnishings, fixtures, ledges, room
heating/cooling units, etc., in resident rooms, recreational areas,
etc., daily as instructed.
- Clean, wash, sanitize, and/or polish bathroom fixtures. Ensure
that water marks are removed from fixtures.
- Clean windows/mirrors in resident rooms, recreational areas,
bathrooms, and entrance/exit ways.
- Clean floors, to include sweeping, dusting, damp/wet mopping,
stripping, waxing, buffing, disinfecting, etc. (NOTE: Ensure that
appropriate CAUTION/SAFETY signs are properly set up PRIOR to
performing such duties.)
- Clean carpets, to include vacuuming, shampooing, deodorizing,
- Clean walls and ceilings by washing, wiping, dusting, spot
cleaning, disinfecting, deodorizing, etc.
- Remove dirt, dust, grease, film, etc., from surfaces using
proper cleaning/disinfecting solutions.
- Clean hallways, stairways, and elevators.
- Discard waste/trash into proper containers and reline trash
receptacle with plastic liner.
- Report all hazardous conditions or equipment to the
- Ensure that equipment is cleaned and properly stored at the end
of the shift.
- Keep supervisor informed of supply needs.
- Report burned out light bulbs, exit lights, overhead lights,
fluorescent lights, room call lights, etc., to your supervisor as
soon as practical.
- Clean vacant rooms as assigned.
- Ensure that work/cleaning schedules are followed as closely as
- Follow established Fire Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Assist others in lifting heavy equipment, supplies, etc., as
directed or requested.
- Dispose of refuse daily in accordance with our established
- Ensure that an adequate supply of housekeeping supplies is
maintained in utility/janitorial closets to perform daily
- Ensure that work/assignment areas are clean and that equipment,
tools, supplies, etc., are properly stored at all times, as well as
before leaving such areas for breaks, meal times, and end of the
- Report all accidents/incidents to the supervisor NO MATTER HOW
MINOR THEY MAY BE. (NOTE: Such occurrences must be reported on the
shift in which they occur.)
- Maintain the CONFIDENTIALITY of patient/resident care
- Honor the patients'/residents' personal and property
- Clean work/supply carts, equipment, etc., as
- Turn in all found articles to the supervisor.
- Perform terminal cleaning procedures, as instructed, when a
patient/resident is discharged, and/or transferred to another
- Keep work/assignment areas free of hazardous objects, such as
protruding mop/broom handles, unnecessary equipment, supplies,
- Participates in the overall quality assessment and improvement
- Participate and assist in department studies and projects as
- Attend departmental and staff meetings as directed.
- File complaints/grievances with the supervisor.
- Attend and participate in in-service educational classes,
on-the-job training programs, etc., as scheduled/directed.
- Perform other duties that may become necessary/appropriate to
ensure that the facility is maintained in a clean, safe and
- Must maintain the care and use of supplies, equipment, etc.,
and maintain the appearance of housekeeping areas in a safe, clean
and comfortable manner.PM21
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The
requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge,
skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be
made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
essential functions.EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma
or relevant qualification.
- Some college education, including courses in Environmental
Sciences, Personnel Management, and Business Administration are
- Considerable initiative and judgement in selecting new
equipment and supplies, developing environmental standards and
procedures, selecting new employees, and developing training
- Two years' prior experience in environmental services
management preferred.KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must be capable of operating a personal computer to enter
resident data as required by regulation and facility policy.
- Ability to read and comprehend simple instructions, short
correspondence, and memos.
- Mathematical and numerical skills; mechanical aptitude
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out
instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to communicate orally and in written form effectively
with all levels of employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Ability to present information in one-on-one and small group
situations to employees, patients, families, and vendors.
- Must be knowledgeable of nursing and medical practices and
procedures, as well as laws, regulations, and guidelines that
pertain to long-term care.
- Good understanding of medical and pharmacological
- Excellent problem solving/analysis/judgment skills and high
level of attention to detail and accuracy
- Builds and maintains cooperative working relationships
- Must possess leadership and supervisory ability and the
willingness to work harmoniously with professional and
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with
clients, supervisors, County employees, elected officials, law
enforcement, other agencies, and the public.
- Resourceful, dependable and accountable
- Able to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends,
and holidays.CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSNonePHYSICAL
DEMANDS/ WORK ENVIRONMENTThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.Physical
- Work requires physical activity including extended periods of
walking and standing with occasional climbing, reaching, carrying,
balancing, kneeling, crouching and bending.
- Must have the ability to frequently lift and/or carry
equipment, files, and other materials weighing up to 50 pounds as
well as push/pull up to 50 pounds of force with grip strength of 65
- Must be able to assist in the evacuation of residents during
- Must be able to continuously perform simple manipulative
dexterity. Occasionally perform difficult manipulative tasks.
- Must be able to detect the smell of smoke, spoiled food, soiled
- The employee must be able to continuously hear normal sounds
and voice patterns with some background noise. Must have adequate
verbal instructions. Must be able to hear audible emergency
signals, alarms, call, light indicators and to be able to answer
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include: Must be
able to continuously notice a change in the resident (breathing,
color, skin breakdown, etc.) Ability to focus and read a
- Visual abilities, correctable to normal ranges, include close,
distance and color vision, depth perception, and the ability to
adjust focus.The work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those employee encounters while performing
functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Work is performed indoors in a health care facility.
- Work is performed during assigned shift; however, hours will
occasionally include varied days, hours, holidays, weekends, and
overtime as needed.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate,
but can occasionally be loud. Subject to frequent
- Incumbents in this position may be exposed to
infectious/communicable diseases, blood borne pathogens, and
potential risk of injury from distraught individuals.
- Frequent exposure to chemical compounds of medication and
- Frequent exposure to microbial bacteria and other infectious
agents inherent to care of ill residents.
- Continuous exposure to latex, Tyvex, plastic and/or materials
which are used for personal protective equipment.
- Stress of working with sick residents and their families,
combined with the resident who may be confused, irrational, highly
agitate mood swings. (Frequently)
- Subject to involvement with personnel, visitors, state and
federal agency personnel and residents.Summit LTC Management, LLC
is an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered
for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex,
sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or
Keywords: Summit LTC, Austin , Housekeeping, Hospitality & Tourism , Kingsland, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!