Food Service Lead -Prepared Meals - PM-Harmony Public Schools-Endeavor-Austin (Austin, TX)
Company: Elior North America
Posted on: June 24, 2022
Assists Foodservice Manager/Director or Area Manager byleading
daily operation on-site at assigned school. Primary
responsibilities are to ensure quality food preparation and service
to students and efficient record keeping. Additional
responsibilities include maintaining and overseeing acceptable
levels of food and supply inventories and assuring
regulatorycompliance in local and federal programs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Communicates directly with Foodservice Manager/Director or Area
Manager reporting all problems, issues and concerns as well as
keeping manager informed of daily operations.
- Directs daily food service staff and operations to ensure a
successful program on site at the school.
- Maintain departmental records in an efficient manner, including
meal counting, production records, inventory reporting, student
accounts and other records as assigned.
- Responsible for compliance in USDA federal guidelines for
students and adults as well as local Health Department
- Order food and paper products to sufficiently cover planned
program for students.
- Oversee the checking, inspecting, and storing of incoming food
and supplies as well as maintaining inventory levels of all food
- Projects meal counts for the days meals and prepares the
serving line for service.
- Assists and oversees the preparation and service of meals to
students and adults following the planned menu.
- Responsible for all on-site cash handling management as
directed by specific account procedures, including accounts
receivable and daily deposit preparation.
- Work harmoniously with students and staff.
- Maintain the highest level of sanitation and safety for food
preparation and equipment.
- Clean and maintain all work areas each day.
- Maintain confidentiality of information.
- Assist with the implementation of marketing and merchandising
themes and programs.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts
well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration
regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for
own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Attendance/Punctuality - Is consistently at work and on time;
Ensures work responsibilities are covered when absent; Arrives at
meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability - Follows instructions, responds to management
direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Completes tasks on
time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Communication - The ability to write and speak clearly and
politely to management, associates, and customers when conveying
information, using correct grammar and not using slang terms.
- Certification Requirements - ServSafe or Foodservice Sanitation
- Must pass state background check and drug screening when
- Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
education AND experience requirements:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); or
- One to three months related experience and/or training; or
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
Be a Part of Something Meaningful!
Is there anything more rewarding than contributing to the health
and well-being of others? At Prepared Meals, we are making a daily
impact in the lives of students, seniors, and travelers through
highly nutritious meals that meet and exceed USDA guidelines.
Through a high quality component meal system, we provide schools,
airlines, health care providers and more with a well-balanced menu
of fresh and frozen foods, while helping them minimize waste and
maximize their dollars. We reward our team members for their
valuable contributions through competitive salaries and
comprehensive benefits that include medical/dental/vision/life
insurance, 401(k), flex spending accounts, and an Employee
Assistance Program-all in an environment that encourages personal
and professional growth and rewards innovative thought. As part of
the Elior North America family of companies we are small enough to
care, big enough to make a difference! To be a part of something
meaningful at Prepared Meals, submit your resume.
INTERESTED EMPLOYEES SHOULD COMPLETE AN "INTERNAL POSTING
APPLICATION FORM" (copies may be obtained from manager). FORMS
SHOULD INCLUDE A COPY OF A CURRENT RESUME OUTLINING COMPLETE WORK
COMPLETED FORMS SHOULD BE RETURNED TO YOUR MANAGER.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Minorities/Women/Individual
with Disabilities/Protected Veteran Employer
Keywords: Elior North America, Austin , Food Service Lead -Prepared Meals - PM-Harmony Public Schools-Endeavor-Austin (Austin, TX), Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!