Shipping and Receiving Associate
Company: Ace Mart Restaurant Supply
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Position Summary:If managing a small warehouse in a primarily
air conditioned environment is what you're looking for, then this
Shipping & Receiving Associate role is just for you! With flexible
scheduling options along with no nights or weekends, the Shipping &
Receiving Associate will ship and receive merchandise for local,
intrastate and interstate shipments using the "less than truckload"
(LTL) carriers in the most efficient manner. The Shipping &
Receiving Associate will maintain the market warehouse and will
ensure that product moves in and out of the facility in the most
efficient manner. All employees are expected to adhere to Ace Mart
business philosophy, guidelines and policies as laid out in the ACE
MART MISSION STATEMENT, Employee Handbook, Standard Operating
Procedures Manual and Safety Program.Responsibilities for Shipping
& Receiving Associate:Reasonable accommodations may be made to
enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
- Understand the various types of freight carriers and the
services they offer and coordinate store transfers, customer
shipments and local shipments through the appropriate
- Maintains a clean and organized warehouse to include packing
and first aid supplies.
- Operates a forklift to unload and load pallets of
- Select products for online orders that will be picked up by a
- Process merchandise and paperwork in an accurate and timely
manner to include receiving POs in the computer system and
completing accurate inventory counts.
- Assemble equipment, shelving, and other products as needed to
include shelf/sale tags.
- Deliver merchandise to customer sites (loading, unloading,
- Answer phone calls and assist customers as needed.
- Complete assigned tasks as directed by the Store Manager and/or
Assistant Manager.Competencies for Shipping & Receiving Associate
- Customer Service
- Team Player
- Managing Multiple Priorities/Time Management
- Quality of Work/Accuracy
- Positive AttitudeSkills and Abilities for Shipping & Receiving
- Ability to read, write and speak English effectively
- Ability to use a computer terminal
- Ability to use hand and electric tools
- Ability to assemble equipment
- Ability to use dollies and mules
- Ability to safely and efficiently operate a forklift
- Ability to determine the most cost-effective way of routing a
shipmentWork Environment for Shipping & Receiving Associate
- Temperatures ranging from 35 - to 95 -.
- Noisy atmosphere (phones, trucks, overhead pages, fans,
- High exposure to dust.
Physical Demands for Shipping & Receiving Associate
- Pass a pre-employment physical and drug screen.
- View and operate a computer up to 8 hours daily
- Clearly communicate via telephone and email daily
- Stand/walk up to 8 hours a day
- Lift 1 - 25 pound boxes 50 times a day
- Lift 26 - 50 pound boxes 25 times a day
- Bend and stoop 100 times a dayThe physical demands described
here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Position
Type/Expected Hours of Work for Shipping & Receiving Associate
This is a full-time position, with a schedule to include Monday
through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. Flexible Scheduling options.
Travel for Shipping & Receiving AssociateThis position requires
limited travel. If travel occurs, it will be within the local area.
Required Education and Experience for Shipping & Receiving
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Forklift certified or ability to become forklift certified
- One year of shipping or Ace Mart experience
- Foodservice/restaurant equipment & supplies, sales, and/or
merchandising experience helpful
Ace Mart Restaurant Supply is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Ace Mart Restaurant Supply, Austin , Shipping and Receiving Associate, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!