SOUTH CONGRESS HOTEL is hiring for a VALET SUPERVISOR
One mile south of downtown Austin, 10 minutes from the
University of Texas and just a 15 minute drive from
Austin-Bergstrom International Airport, South Congress Hotel is
centrally located and easy to access for both locals and
out-of-town visitors. Designed as the living room for the
neighborhood, South Congress Hotel is an 83-room boutique hotel
designed to be a hub of activity for the community. A place for
travelers and locals alike, the hotel has three unique restaurants,
a coffee + bake shop, a rooftop pool, lobby bar, and two retail
We are proud to offer competitive wages, health benefits, 401k
plans, paid-time off for employees working 25+ hours a week, and a
50%-off employee discount across ALL New Waterloo restaurants.
Who you are: You are a master at first impressions and setting
the tone. You enjoy the hustle and bustle of working in a
fast-paced environment in which you can create positive experiences
and leave lasting impressions.
What youll learn: People Skills, Safety, Organization, Key
Auditing, Basic Car Service, Guest Satisfaction, Basic Concierge
Knowledge, Fulfilling Guest Requests
What you'll do:
* Open entrance doors and welcome all guests to the
* Carry baggage weighing up to fifty (50) pounds to the guests
room. Respond to request for bell service within approximately two
* Ensure that the front lobby, front interior and exterior
entrances are kept clean.
* Have knowledge of the hotel property, hotel staff, and hotel
services with hours of operations.
* Sell the amenities of the hotel (i.e. restaurant, lounge,
* Pick up and deliver guest laundry for valet service.
* Be responsible for arrangements/storage of luggage carts.
Extreme care and proper loading habits for protection of guest
property should be taken when carts are in use. Continually watch
for people in halls, around corners, in elevators, and be aware of
any possible safety hazards.
* Deliver packages, faxes, and messages to guests. All should be
attempted to be delivered within 15 minutes of receipt.
* Report and remove any safety hazards.
* Know your work schedule and follow it with a high degree of
* Work in a cooperative and friendly manner with fellow
* Perform your job according to standard operating
* Implement all safety and emergency policies and procedures
(i.e. evacuation, first aid, etc.) to include removing all safety
hazards, following the organizations OSHA Hazcom program and safe
* Utilize protective equipment, when applicable.
* Promptly report substandard (unsafe) conditions to management
* Promptly report any accidents, injuries, property damage or
loss to management.
* Keep accurate communication flowing freely among all hotel
* Inform management promptly of any work-related problems or
* Attend all scheduled training classes and meetings.
* Oversee the processing of training newly hired associates.
* Arrange for reasonable accommodations for person(s) with
* Comply with all applicable federal, state and local laws and
ordinances as they apply to the hotel, guests and associates.
* Must be 21 years or older + have a valid Texas Drivers
* Safe driving record required
* Previous management experience in high-end hotel setting is
* Ability to drive manual transmission
ABOUT NEW WATERLOO
New Waterloo is an independent hospitality company. We are
students, teachers, and leaders. Bartenders, hotel managers,
hostesses, and event planners. Architects, artists, and chefs.
Writers, photographers, and travelers. Hospitality is in our blood.
Our brands include South Congress Hotel / Hotel Ella / El Rey Court
/ La Condesa / Sway / Caf No S / Maana / Central Standard / OTOKO /
Il Brutto / Butler Park Pitch & Putt.
New Waterloo is an equal opportunity employer and values
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.