Part of Grey Spaces, the restaurant and hospitality group based
in Savannah, GA, the Diner Bar , a casual fine dining choice is a
new restaurant is opening in Austin, TX opening January 2022.
Located right downtown, on the ground level of the brand-new
Thompson and Tommie Hotels, the restaurants have a foundation in
the Port-City Southern food embraced by their sister restaurant,
The Grey , in Savannah. We offer competitive wages and a superior
benefits package including health and vision insurance, parking
supplements and a 401k.
We are looking for special individuals who are career minded,
goal oriented and hard working. Along with Chef Mashama Bailey, the
team is led by our Chef de Cuisine Kristine Kittrell who is
dedicated to uphold the standards at the restaurant while providing
cooks with the tools they will need for long lasting and exciting
careers. Please submit your resume, including job and salary
history. Serious applicants need apply.
Porter is responsible for supporting the overall operation by
organizing and cleaning dishes in the kitchen such as pots, pans,
silverware, dishware, glassware, and kitchen equipment. Porters
maintain the cleanliness and order in the kitchen as well as
maintaining the dishes in the correct storage area.
* Wash, rinse and sanitize all pots, pans, plates, glassware and
silverware and put away all in both kitchens and maintain
cleanliness of the restaurant regularly.
* Mopping the entire restaurant including the walk-in
* Maintain a clean and sanitary kitchen, dish area and
* Stocking and maintaining all chemicals, detergents, paper
products and any related items
* The Dishwasher/Porter must maintain awareness of proper safety
precautions at all times required to abide by the Dept. of Health
sanitation and food handling guidelines.
* Keep all storage areas organized.
* Maintain and empty and clean all trashcans daily.
* Make sure nothing is left outside of kitchens overnight
(brooms, mops, etc.)
* Make sure bus tubs and sanitizer bins are cleaned every
* The dish machine should be unassembled, sprayed with de-limer
* Have attention to details also a sense of urgency
* Cleanly and timely close the dish area according to the
* Follow all restaurant and Thompson/ Tommie Hotels safety
policies and procedures
* Other duties assigned
* Previous dishwashing experience.
* Must be able to work efficiently
* Integrity and Honesty
* Must be able to take direction and have a good attitude
* A passion for hospitality and a strong work ethic
* Team and detailed oriented, friendly, willing to cooperate
* Ability to stand for extended periods of time, push, pull,
carry and lift to 50 lbs
* Ability to work under pressure and time deadlines during peak
* Schedule: Must be available for a flexible schedule including
AM, PM and Mid Shifts, Weekends and Holidays
Grey Spaces proudly advocates for fair wages, provides a
meaningful benefits package for full-time employees and well as
educational resources to help our team continuously grow.