Deli Clerk - Full Time - Lamar
Company: WHEATSVILLE CO-OP
Posted on: May 5, 2021
Lamar-02 - Austin, TX
$14.00 - $14.00 Hourly
POSITION SUMMARY: To give excellent, friendly, upbeat customer
service while preparing and serving a wide variety of food
products, to clean and organize the deli counter area, and complete
- Be present and prepared to begin work at the start of scheduled
- Prepare and serve menu items according to portion
- Develop a work pace sufficient to handle heavy rushes.
- Ensure that all product is in sellable condition and meets
quality standards, making sure all unsellable items are disposed
- Ensure that all deli cases are stocked and merchandised nicely
(bakery, full serve, self-serve).
- Fulfill all shift duties.
- Maintain deli and food storage areas in sanitary, orderly
condition meeting Health Department standards.
- Comply with Health Department Regulations including head
covering, proper dress, drinks and hand washing.
- Willingness to increase product knowledge over time.
- Deli Counter and Meat Clerk duties as assigned.
- Perform any other duties as assigned by the Deli Team
supervisors, Deli Leads, or Ops Leads.
- Participates in quarterly inventory
- Assist in maintaining customer areas
IMPORTANT DISCLAIMER NOTICE:
The job duties, elements, responsibilities, skills, functions,
experience, educational factors and the requirements and conditions
listed in this job description are representative only and not
exhaustive of the tasks that an employee may be required to
perform. The employer reserves the right to revise this job
description at any time and require employees to perform other
tasks as circumstances or conditions of its business, competitive
considerations or the work environment change.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as department
- Ability to prioritize tasks, multi-task, balance friendliness
with efficiency, and maintain focus.
- Great communication skills, customer service ability and a
positive solutions-based attitude
- Food Handler's Registration required.
- Previous customer service experience.
- Regular, predictable attendance; flexibility in
- TABC Certification (Guadalupe location only)
DESIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Previous food service experience.
- Experience or interest in natural foods and cooperatives.
- Required frequently: standing, walking, kneeling, squatting,
bending, reaching, lifting up to 50 lbs.
- Environmental exposure to extreme temperatures (coolers, ovens,
Keywords: WHEATSVILLE CO-OP, Austin , Deli Clerk - Full Time - Lamar, Hospitality & Tourism , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!