Company: St. David's Georgetown Hospital
Posted on: November 17, 2019
Description SHIFT: Evenings (rotating weekends)
St. David---s GeorgetownHospital is part of St. David---s
HealthCare,one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
St. David---s Georgetown Hospital is a111-bed hospital offeringa
range of services. A 24-hour emergency department with a level IV
traumacenter; Certified Primary Stroke Center; Certified Chest Pain
Center; inpatientand outpatient surgery; advanced pulmonary
intervention; critical carecapabilities; acute inpatient and
outpatient rehabilitation; and maternity andnewborn services with
mother-baby couplet care close to home for Georgetownfamilies. In
conjunction with its parent campus, St. David---s MedicalCenter,
Healthgrades awardedSt. David---s Georgetown Hospital the 2016
America---s 100 Best Hospitals Award---,2016 Patient Safety
Excellence Award--- and the 2016 Outstanding PatientExperience
Award------a unique trio of awards that only three hospitals in
thenation were able to achieve---as well as the 2016 Distinguished
Hospital Awardfor Clinical Excellence. Additionally, St. David---s
Georgetown Hospital wasnamed to the list of 100 Top Hospitals by
Truven Health Analytics forfour years in conjunction with its
parent campus, and the facility earned anational distinction for
patient safety from The Leapfrog Group from 2012to 2016.Weoffer you
an excellent total compensation package, including
competitivesalary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in ourteam and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k,PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition
reimbursement,employee discount program, employee stock purchase
program and student loanrepayment. We would love to talk to you
about this fantastic opportunity.
Under the supervision of a technical or general supervisor,
performs laboratory testing and related documentation functions
accurately and in a timely manner to provide information for
provision of patient care. Responsible for competently performing
moderate and high complexity testing in the areas of Hematology,
Chemistry, Coagulation, Microbiology, Blood Bank, Urinalysis and
Serology. Analyzes, reviews, and reports test results and quality
control results and takes remedial action when indicated. Ensures
specimen integrity by adhering to the laboratory---s procedures for
specimen handling and processing. Adheres to departmental policies
and procedures to include departmental programs, quality control,
performance improvement, and safety. Performs all tasks in
alignment with CAP standards. May supervises Medical Laboratory
Technicians, Phlebotomists, and support staff in the absence of a
supervisor or manager.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESONSIBILITIES:1. Adheres to established quality
control policies and procedures.
- Performs and documents required quality control per
- Performs quality control review as assigned or per departmental
- Performs and documents corrective action.
- Recognizes QC problems and notifies supervisor.
- Able to recognize shifts and trends and take appropriate
- Demonstrates ability to solve problems and serve as charge tech
in the absence of an on-site supervisor.2. Performs routine and
specialized test procedures.
- Completes work within assigned time.
- Requires minimal supervision.
- Work is accurate and neat. Requires very little rework.
- Takes responsibility for troubleshooting of instrument/method,
quality control and specimen problems.
- Communicates problems to supervisor and/or next shift.
- Assists in training new personnel.
- Participates in development/correlation work for new
- Performs work review and pending work review as required.3. May
perform phlebotomy as required.
- Properly identifies patient per hospital policies.
- Communicates with nursing before and after collection of
in-patients to keep them informed and to communicate pertinent
information regarding the patient.
- Utilizes AIDET and KWAKT effectively.
- Performs venipuncture with minimum discomfort to the
- Labels specimens accurately at the bedside per policy.
- Transports specimens to the laboratory in a timely manner.4.
Consistently maintains work area.
- Checks work area daily and restocks supplies as needed.
- Notifies supervisor of ordering needs.
- Receives supplies and puts them in storage areas.
- Dates all stock with received and opened dates.
- Wipes down work area with disinfectant at least once per shift
- Performs and documents all required instrument maintenance.5.
Utilizes appropriate computer skills.
- Knows how to correctly receive specimens and print labels.
- Uses worksheets and pending work review routinely and
- Enters QC data correctly.
- Enters and verifies patient data correctly, making less than 1
significant error per quarter.
- Assists in writing procedures and maintaining computer data
base as needed.
- Knows how to look up patient data/reports.6. Follows OSHA
guidelines for PPE.
- Always wears appropriate lab coat in the work area.
- Wears gloves when handling specimens or in certain procedural
- Utilizes face shields, goggles and movable shields at
appropriate times.7. Employee---s conduct must reflect the
Company---s values and a commitment to the Code of Conduct ethics
and compliance program.
8. Strictly adheres to all infection control policies.
9. Consistently utilizes exceptional customer service skills in
interactions with patients, families, coworkers, vendors and
10. Conducts work in alignment with the Mission, Values and Goals
of the organization and the department.
11. Follows hospital and departmental policies and procedures.
- Meets attendance expectations as specified in the SDGH Policies
- Attends mandatory hospital in-services concerning Infection
Control and Safety.
- Attends or reads minutes of each department meeting.
- Attends all required departmental in-services.
- Accepts and performs other assigned duties with a positive
attitude, as requested and documented by the supervisor.
- Has demonstrated or provided proof of meeting all
- Annually reviews all safety and procedure manuals.
- Maintains the confidentiality of any information the employee
has access to including but not limited to financial, patient
records, employee records or any other information of a sensitive
nature which if disclosed could cause harm to the hospital,
patients, or staff.Qualifications EDUCATION AND
EXPERIENCE:--Required: Bachelors degree in Medical Technology or a
related field from an accredited university or college; computer
skills; Graduation from a clinical rotation or internship in an
accredited medical technology program or a 50-week military
training course or an acceptable equivalent which results in
eligibility to take the registry exam in Medical Technology
(Clinical Laboratory Science).--Preferred: Two years experience in
acute care hospital setting.--LICENSES AND CERTIFICATES:--Required:
Registration as a Medical Technologist by ASCP, NCA, AMT or proof
of eligibility. Evidence of a passing registry exam score must be
presented within one year of hire or three successive offerings of
the registry exam to remain employed as a medical
technologist.--Preferred: N/ANotice Our Company---s recruiters are
here to help unlock the next possibility within your career and we
take your candidate experience very seriously. During the
recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
let us know by clicking--here.For questions about your job
application or this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at
1-844-422-5627 option 1.
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: St. David's Georgetown Hospital, Austin , Medical Technologist, Healthcare , Georgetown, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!