Registered Nurse Operating Room Team Lead
Company: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
is part of , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital s
comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart
Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock the first specialized
cardiac facility in Williamson County with the only Hybrid
Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in
a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with
a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and
St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David s Round Rock
Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and
robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the
hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical
Excellence from and also earned a national distinction for patient
safety from . Position Summary
The Lead surgical nurse is under the direct supervision of the
Clinical Supervisor and the direction of the Nurse Manager. He/she
accepts overall responsibility for a designated surgical area of
specialty. The Lead Surgical Nurse is responsible for assuring that
all equipment and instruments are operational. Ensures adequacy of
equipment, supplies, and instruments. Knowledgeable regarding
service specific equipment and instruments which are out for repair
or need replacement. The Lead surgical nurse trains and precepts
staff and acts as a resource to all staff for their specialty(s)
They provide leadership by demonstration positive guest relations,
effective communication skills, excellent work ethics, and superior
leadership skills. They can also perform all duties of a surgical
staff RN. Essential Job Function Plans age specific nursing
intervention for assigned patients.
- Completes age appropriate assessment of patient prior to
admission to surgical suite.
- Initiates plan of care by proper preparation of patient for
- Provides patient teaching and emotional support for assigned
patient. Provides and evaluates age appropriate direct patient
- Assists with the care of the patient during anesthesia
induction and/or prepares patient for local anesthesia.
- Demonstrates the ability to prevent patient injury.
- Performs correct surgical preps.
- Demonstrates mastery of representative cases and equipment used
for all specialty area and has competent experience and knowledge
base for all procedures.
- Accurately documents nursing care rendered.
- Assists in preparation for next day s surgical event.
- Assures adequate and appropriate supplies, equipment and
instrumentation are available for specialty services per shift
according to established departmental standards and par
- Responsible for restocking unused sterile supplies and
equipment recognizing appropriate integrity of sterile supplies and
- Assists and cooperates with other team members in completing
their assignments in a timely manner, includes but not limited to
turnover of OR suites. Assist with supervision in designated
- Assists and oversee specialty tasks performed by Staff RN and
Surgical Techs to assure the unit is provided with supplies,
instruments and necessary equipment for specialty cases, within
- Oversee the functions of the service specific equipment,
including trouble shooting and training staff on proper usage of
- Responsible for updating staff on newly implemented ideas in
the department and advising of process via email or posted
- Obtain preferences for service specific physicians regarding
procedures and update preference cards
- Assist in any specialty areas to ensure all work is completed
- Responsible for staff training related to service specific
- Responsible for advance preparation of future procedure.
Assures supplies and equipment have been ordered and communicate to
- Sets PAR levels of supplies and checks with levels on a weekly
basis and notifies Material Coordinator of ordering needs.
Participates in unit activities.
- Participates in budget and inventory control; only opens
- Demonstrates competency for all surgical specialties and
- Takes appropriate action to prevent/manage accident in the
- Complies with Universal Protocol and National Patient Safety
- Maintains current professional growth through independent study
and continuing education programs.
- Participates in performance/progress improvement
- Completes annual competency checklists.
- Attends 80% of staff meetings.
- Performs other duties as delegated by management. Benefits We
offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
fantastic opportunity. SIGN ON BONUS AND RELOCATION ASSISTANCE
AVAILABLE Qualifications Education
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, CNOR
Required: Minimum of two years experience in the areas of
Preferred: Previous charge experience
Required: Licensed by Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners, current
certification as BLS Healthcare provider, CNOR
Preferred: ACLSNotice Our Company s recruiters are here to help
unlock the next possibility within your career and we take your
candidate experience very seriously. During the recruitment
process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or
personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking .For questions about your job application or this
site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit,
domiciliary, nurse clinical, psychatric, psychiatric, registered
Keywords: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Austin , Registered Nurse Operating Room Team Lead, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!