Company: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: September 13, 2019
SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David's
HealthCare , one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
With 171 beds, the hospital's comprehensive services include
advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St.
David's Round Rock-the first specialized cardiac facility in
Williamson County-with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the
county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency
department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma
Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's
Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David's Round Rock Medical
Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic
services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital
received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence
from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction for
patient safety from The Leapfrog Group .
We offer you an excellent total compensation package, including
competitive salary, excellent benefit package and growth
opportunities. We believe in our team and your ability to do
excellent work with us. Your benefits include 401k, PTO medical,
dental, flex spending, life, disability, tuition reimbursement,
employee discount program, employee stock purchase program and
student loan repayment. We would love to talk to you about this
Under the direct supervision of the PACU Supervisor and according
to PACU and hospital policies and procedures, plans, implements,
evaluates, and documents nursing care for one or more patients in
the post anesthesia care unit (recovery room). Provides a clean,
efficient and safe environment within the work area. Assists with
any other activities of the unit.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Assesses, plans, and evaluates patient care.
- Age appropriate assessment is completed on each patient.
- A plan of care is implemented and documented according to
policy and procedure upon arrival to PACU.
- Procures supplies, equipment, and medications needed for
- Recognizes and reports variations from normal to appropriate
individual (physician, anesthesiologist, charge) as they occur
Provides direct patient care.
- Completes age appropriate assessment on patient upon
- Initiates the plan of care upon patient arrival.
- Initiates patient teaching and provides emotional support.
- Monitors patient in recovery phase.
- Demonstrates the ability to prevent patient injury
- Receives physician orders.
- Administers IV therapy correctly/safely.
- Accurately documents and reports patient care.
- Demonstrates efficiency and safety with patient turnover.
- Insures all patients have met discharge criteria according to
policy/ procedure. Monitors and controls the environment of the
- Participates in maintaining a safe environment.
- Insures availability of safe equipment.
- Demonstrates ability to use equipment safely/properly.
- Takes appropriate action to prevent/manage accidents in the
area Participates in unit activities
- Participates in staff and self-development.
- Identifies individual responsibilities in maintaining unit
- Communicates effectively with patients, co-workers, physicians,
and other healthcare members.
- Performs other duties as delegated by management.
- Participates in narcotic count and control.
- Demonstrates positive customer service skills.
- Facilitates cohesiveness of Surgical Services Participates in
- Completes mandatory educational requirements Performs other
duties as directed by the charge personnel
- Completes assignments within time frame set by the charge
- Assumes charge duties or unit secretary duties as needed.
- Reviews schedule for number and type of casesQualifications
Required: Graduation from an accredited school of nursing.
Minimum of three years of experience in acute care setting or
previous PACU. Basic CPR certification and ACLS. Ability to
basic EKG monitors and data. Customer relations skills.
Communication skills include verbal, written, face-to-face, over
Preferred: Two or more years previous PACU experience or critical
Required: Licensed by the Texas State Board of Nurse Examiners
Preferred: Certification in post anesthesia nursing or ambulatory
Keywords: St. David's Round Rock Medical Center, Austin , Registered Nurse-PACU/Recovery-PT, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!