Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Surgery, Weekends 0 Friday-Sunday, No Cal
Posted on: May 19, 2019
Description SHIFT: Weekends Only
St. Davids North Austin Medical Center is part of St. Davids
HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was
recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014.
The 378-bed multi-specialty, acute care facility is dedicated to
the highest level of womens health services, including maternity
and newborn care with Level I, II and III nurseries at the adjacent
St. Davids Womens Center of Texas. The facility also features a
24-hour emergency department, the Texas Institute for Robotic
Surgery, the Bariatric Center, heart and vascular center, neurology
and neurosurgery, a kidney transplant program, inpatient and
outpatient surgery, and acute inpatient and outpatient
rehabilitation, among many others. St. Davids North Austin Medical
Center is also home to St. Davids Childrens Hospital. In 2012,
2013, 2015 and 2016, the hospital earned a national distinction for
patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.
Hours: Fri, Sat, and Sun - 0700 to 1900 Weekends NO CALL The St.
Davids HealthCare Registered Charge Nurse (CN) supervises
Registered Nurses, Licensed Vocational Nurses and other
non-licensed nursing personnel. As a full partner of the healthcare
team, the CN collaborates with all other healthcare disciplines to
achieve successful execution of the patients plan-of-care and goals
of the department. The CN serves as a professional role-model and
interfaces directly with patients, families, physicians and staff.
The CN utilizes physical assessment skills and advanced diagnostic
technology to aid in the assessment of the patients nursing care
needs. Data collected is analyzed, synthesized and disseminated to
other healthcare providers. The CN continues to monitor and assess
the patients physical condition, emotional and social needs,
continually refining the plan-of-care to ensure achievement of the
desired goals of the patient and facility outcomes. Under the
general supervision of the units Director, Manager or Nursing
Supervisor the CN assumes responsibility for direction and
coordination of all functions in the unit on his/her designated
shifts. Participates in providing patient specific care standards
as directed, and follows service excellence standards to ensure
high levels of patient satisfaction. Job Function
- Ensures implementation of operational standards which promote
the maintenance of patient rights including but not limited to:
Informed consent. Clarification of patient expectations.
Explanation of treatment processes. Maintenance of confidentiality
of patient information. Maintenance of patient privacy by
minimizing exposure during all procedures. Adaptation of care to
all ages of patients served. Ethical considerations. Handling of
patient complaints. Ensures all LVN staffs patients records reflect
an admission assessment & care plan performed by a Registered
- Demonstrates sound knowledge base in nursing practice and its
clinical application to the patient population served in the unit,
including the operation of equipment, and policy and procedures
used in the delivery of patient care in the unit.
- Maintains communication with other members of the management
team regarding potential/actual problems or concerns, and with
Medical Staff issues. Assists with establishing and maintaining
communication channels with Medical Staff and other departments in
- Supervises personnel providing direct patient care, with
delegation of activities based on patient care needs and
competencies of available patient care staff.
- Provides direct and ongoing supervision of staff with regard to
conflict resolution and personnel policy compliance, including
input and/or completion of performance evaluations and disciplinary
- Assumes responsibility for resolving and/or channeling employee
grievances according to appropriate procedures.
- Teaches, supervises and serves as a resource for staff, assists
with clinical procedures as needed.
- Assesses for and assists in implementation of staff development
programs to enhance professional growth of personnel.
- Facilitates ongoing performance improvement activities which
correlate to the Hospital-wide Performance Improvement Program with
involvement at all levels of staff on designated shifts as
- Collaborates and gives input on staff schedules for final
approval from Director.
- Makes assignments for the present or following shift to provide
for smooth transition and ensures appropriate assignments
throughout shift to cover changing patient needs and staff
availability due to absences, breaks, etc.
- Self-assigns patients and functions as necessary based on
patient needs and available resources on unit.
- Communicates directly with the director/manager on unit on
staff performance issues needing attention.
- Maintains effective utilization and maintenance of manpower,
equipment and supplies.
- Participates in cost containment programs as applicable to
- Actively participates in appropriate Department and Hospital
committees and ensures that unit personnel are involved in this
process as appropriate.
- Maintains own professional growth through appropriate
organizations, workshops, seminars and other educational
- Maintains awareness of current developments and trends in
- Rounds on patients during the shift.
- Follows up and ensures completion of patient treatment, tests
and procedures. Ensures all medication discrepancies are resolved
prior to leaving the shift.
- Monitors and maintains high standards regarding patient care
and oversees compliance with core measures on applicable
- Assumes administrative responsibilities for the provision of
services on designated shift in collaboration with other members of
the management team.
- Organizes, coordinates, and facilitates the delivery of patient
care activities throughout the shift, assists with bed assi...
Keywords: HCA., Austin , Registered Nurse (RN) Charge Surgery, Weekends 0 Friday-Sunday, No Cal, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!