Trauma EMS Outreach / Injury Prevention Coordinator - Registered Nurse
Posted on: April 18, 2019
St. David's South Austin Medical Center is an acute care facility
with 300 beds, offering a range of complex specialties and
--- A nationally accredited oncology program with the area's only
adult bone marrow transplant program
--- A Level II trauma center to treat the most severely injured and
--- A comprehensive cardiac program
--- A full-service maternity and newborn care unit with a Level II
--- Two full-service, freestanding emergency centers in the
communities of Bee Cave and Bastrop
This position is responsible for building and maintaining
relationships with EMS agencies interacting with St. David's South
Austin Medical Center (SAMC) and oversight of injury prevention
activities required by the American College of Surgeons and the
State for a Level ll Trauma Center. Under the direction of the TMD
and TPD this position is responsible and accountable for the
coordination, development, organization, implementation, and
evaluation of EMS outreach, prevention, education, and research.
This position defines the most effective forums to identify
outreach and injury prevention needs through the utilization of
trauma registry data. Promotes effective communication with EMS
providers and long term strategies to reduce preventable injuries.
Assumes accountability for developing, coordinating, and
implementing injury prevention activities within the hospital and
community. This position requires a thorough knowledge of local,
regional, and state EMS regulations and injury prevention best
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must demonstrate understanding of HCA's and St. David's
"Patients First" safety initiative by strict compliance to all
safety protocols and procedures.
- Establishes priorities and makes independent decisions of a
- Interfaces directly with administration, physicians, public
staff, and EMS, and all members of the healthcare team.
- Promotes the specialty capabilities of SAMC to EMS and
- Ensures trauma service line quality which includes processes,
services, satisfaction, and aligns with the facility/division
quality standards and best practices.
- Recognizes that variables such as age, race, nationality,
culture, disease-causing vulnerabilities, socioeconomic factors
affect the patient populations under their care. Uses interventions
appropriate to these factors (e.g., interpreter, dietary
preferences, social service consult, etc.)
- -- Maintains strong, positive relationships with all regional
facilities, emergency service agencies, and air medical
- -- Proactively resolves concerns from EMS and provides timely
- -- Serves as the point of contact for performance
improvement/quality assurance related to EMS. Collaborates with the
TMD/TPD in the review of transports to identify opportunities for
- -- Identifies and facilitates educational opportunities for EMS
- -- Conducts training courses for EMS providers and agencies to
meet the needs of the community and region.
- -- Utilizes data from the trauma registry to identify, develop,
implement, and evaluation injury prevention activities for the
community and region.
- -- Collaborate with division resources and align with peers for
injury prevention courses and events.
- -- Actively participates in the CATRAC Injury Prevention
Committee and regional activities.
- -- Conducts community education programs for diverse
Keywords: HCA., Austin , Trauma EMS Outreach / Injury Prevention Coordinator - Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!