On CAll RN Austin - Hospice
Company: Brookdale Senior Living
Posted on: April 18, 2019
On CAll RN Austin - Hospice
CategoryHealthcareID2019-23307Location : NameHOSP AustinLocation :
Address3636 Executive Center DrLocation : LocationUS-TX-Austin
Brookdale is seeking an On Call RN for our amazing hospice team in
Austin. Schedule is Monday through Thursday 5pm to 8am.
If interested please contact Donna at firstname.lastname@example.org
Every day is an opportunity for our associates to deeply connect
with people in a profound and personal way. Our associates are the
core of our mission and we know that offering them genuine rewards
and heart filling job satisfaction is the key to our success as a
company. Here youll find opportunities to grow your career at any
level whether you have direct contact with resident or support
someone who does, and be inspired personally. With over 60,000
associates, theres a place for you to make a difference in lives of
the families we serve throughout our continuum of care.
As primary individual accountable for coordinating the patient
centered care for the healthcare team, is responsible for providing
all services in accordance with the Nurse Practice Act, federal,
state and local laws and within the guidelines of his/her
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessment of
patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete
physical assessment and history of current and previous
- Provides professional nursing care by utilizing all elements of
- Assesses and evaluates patients status by writing and
initiating plan of care, regularly re-evaluating patient and
family/caregiver needs, and participating in revising the plan of
care as necessary.
- Responsible for the planning, coordinating and delivery of
quality interdisciplinary home health care services. Compliance
with company standards and federal/state guidelines will be
maintained at all times.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Uses health assessment data to determine nursing
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on nursing
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
procedures. Administers medications and treatments as prescribed by
the physician in the physicians plan of care.
- Counsels the patient and family in meeting nursing and related
- Provides health care instructions to the patient as appropriate
per assessment and plan.
- Assists the patient with the activities of daily living and
facilitates the patients efforts toward self-sufficiency and
optional comfort care.
- Acts as Case Manager when assigned by Clinical
Director/Director of Professional Services or the Clinical
Supervisor/Assistant Director of Professional Services and assumes
responsibility to coordinate patient care for assigned
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patients condition and care given. Records
pain/symptom management changes and outcomes as
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patients needs
and reports changes in the patients condition; obtains/receives
physicians orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver self-care techniques
as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other instructions as
ordered by the physician and recognizes and utilizes opportunities
for health counseling with patients and families/caregivers. Works
in concert with the interdisciplinary group.
This job description represents an overview of the responsibilities
for the above referenced position. It is not intended to represent
a comprehensive list of responsibilities. An associate should
perform all duties as assigned by his/her supervisor.
Education and Experience
Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing. Minimum
of one (1) year experience as a professional nurse. Bachelors
degree in Nursing preferred.
Certifications, Licenses, and Other Special Requirements
Registered nurse in the State with current licensure to practice
professional nursing in the State. Must be a licensed driver with
an automobile that is insured in accordance with state and/or
Organization requirements and is in good working order.
Applies existing guidelines and procedures to make varied decisions
within a department. Uses sound judgment and experience to solve
moderately complex problems based on precedent, example,
reasonableness or a combination of these.
Knowledge and Skills
Possesses extensive knowledge of a distinct skill or function and a
thorough understanding of the organization and work environment.
Has working knowledge of the healthcare industry. Ability to
effectively manage time, tasks and projects in a dynamic
environment is required. Effective written and oral communication
skills and human relation skills are essential. Has excellent
observation, good nursing judgment and communication skills.
Understands principles of pain/symptom management. Must be able to
function in a stressful work environment. Ability to market and
deal tactfully with customers and the community. Has excellent
observation, verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
learn the hospice business, governmental regulations and CHAP
Physical Demands and Working Conditions
- Use hands and fingers to handle or feel
- Reach with hands and arms
- Climb or balance
- Stoop, kneel, crouch crawl
- Talk or hear
- Taste or smell
- Ability to lift: up to 50 pounds
- Requires interaction with co-workers, residents or
- Occasional weekend, evening or night work if needed to ensure
- On-Call on an as needed basis
- Possible exposure to communicable diseases and
- Potential injury from transferring, repositioning, or lifting
- Exposure to latex
- Possible exposure to blood-borne pathogens
- Possible exposure to various drugs, chemical, infectious, or
- Requires Travel: Occasionally
Brookdale is an equal opportunity employer and a drug-free
Schedule: Regular Full-Time
Keywords: Brookdale Senior Living, Austin , On CAll RN Austin - Hospice, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!