Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department Nights Shift with Weekend Rotation
Company: Round Rock Medical Center
Location: Round Rock
Posted on: February 16, 2019
St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, one of the largest health systems in Texas, which was recognized with a Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award in 2014. With 171 beds, the hospital's comprehensive services include advanced cardiac care at the Heart Hospital of Austin at St. David's Round Rock-the first specialized cardiac facility in Williamson County-with the only Hybrid Operating Room (OR) in the county; as well as emergency services in a 24-hour emergency department, including advanced trauma care with a Level II Trauma Center; St. David's Urgent Care Round Rock; and St. David's Emergency Center in Cedar Park. St. David's Round Rock Medical Center is also known for providing advanced orthopedic and robotic services, among other complex specialties. In 2016, the hospital received the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence from Healthgrades and also earned a national distinction for patient safety from The Leapfrog Group.Position Summary
This position, under the supervision of the ED Director, Manager, Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse, appropriately coordinates and supervises patient care as provided by the patient care team. This care includes conducting initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and family, development of a family centered patient care plan and care path, family centered patient teaching, the identification of and correction of variances from the patient care path and the facilitation of discharge planning.
Unit Operations: Maintains productivity by the flexible and efficient organization of patient care assignments and other duties including prioritizing and creatively problem solving to meet changing departmental and patient needs.
- Independently assesses and evaluates patient needs.
- Provides psychological and social support to the patient and family.
- Supports the philosophy and mission, vision, and values of St. David's Healthcare Partnership through a positive interaction with all visitors on the unit.
- Participates in Quality Improvement activities.
- Facilitates and helps to promote a positive working environment.
- Ensures that all physician orders for patients under their care are noted and correctly transcribed.
Fiscal Accountability: Demonstrates awareness of and a commitment to the business and fiscal aspects of Round Rock Medical Center and the St. David's Healthcare Partnership.
- Understands how team performance contributes to the overall business success of the partnership.
- Successfully balances the need for cost effectiveness and other business goals with delivery of quality services.
- Considers sources in the performance of routine procedures.
Patient Care: Responds to the developmental needs of the patient and family by demonstrating basic knowledge of patient growth and development and by providing individualized patient/family education, which addresses language, culture, and learning, needs.
- Keep physicians and the ED Director, Manager Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse aware of significant information regarding the patient and their family.
- Collaborates with other health care professionals regarding unusual situations, and seeks assistance as needed.
- Provides patient care, which follows the Nursing Process and adheres to the policies and procedures of the facility.
Customer Service: Actively assists the ED Director, Manager, Supervisor and/or Charge Nurse in the promotion of positive intra and inter departmental activities.
- Understands role and how it relates to others.
- Consistently completes assignments in a timely manner.
- Takes action to respect the needs and contributions of others, regardless of personal opinion, to support group decisions.
- Facilitates interdisciplinary discharge planning by identifying needs, assisting with discharge teaching, facilitating the coordination of family with other services.
- Acts as role model for other team members.
Process Improvement: Takes responsibility for improving work process and the elimination of unnecessary activities.
- Identifies problems/inefficiencies and seeks input from others towards solving problems.
- Demonstrates an on-going knowledge of hospital and unit performance improvement processes and participates in the process.
Education & ExperienceRequired: Graduation from a NLN accredited school of nursing
License & Certifications
Required: Licensed in the state of Texas as RN; BLS; ACLS: Required within 6 months of employment
TNCC: Required within 12 months of employment
PALS or ENPC: Required within 12 months of employment
Keywords: Round Rock Medical Center, Austin , Registered Nurse (RN) Emergency Department Nights Shift with Weekend Rotation, Healthcare , Round Rock, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!