RN - Pediatric Registered Nurse - Venous Access (PICC)
Company: TX-Austin-Dell Children's Medical Ctr
Posted on: January 14, 2019
We Are Hiring RN-Pediatric Registered Nurse - Venous Access (PICC) - Full-Time, Days - Dell Children's Medical Ctr - Austin, TXWhy Join Ascension? About us As a member of Ascension - the largest nonprofit Catholic healthcare organization in the United States, Seton Healthcare Family is a regional healthcare network in Central Texas, made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area's only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. Among the urban hospital group, Dell Children's Medical Center of Central Texas (DCMC) located in dynamic and beautiful Austin, Texas, is a world-class pediatric medical center and home to the only Level I Pediatric Trauma Center in Central Texas. Dell Children's has recently received its fourth designation as a ANCC Magnet-- facility and is testimony to the excellence of our nursing staff. Dell Children's Medical Center offers nursing professionals autonomy, team involvement, achievable workloads, and a high-level of managerial support. We also engage our nurses in a Professional Portfolio program - this program allows our nurses to advance in their career by involvement in projects and initiatives that directly tie into our network, hospital, and unit goals. Our nurses share their expertise through collaboration with Medical Students, Residents and Fellows affiliated with The University of Texas Medical School at Austin and serve as preceptors for nurses new to the unit and for our Seton RN Residency members. What You Will Do As an Associate with Seton Family of Hospitals-TX, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization.You will:
- Implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a coordinator for vascular access on peidatric patients in need of venous access or difficult IV starts
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's care plan needs with members of the healthcare team.What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing . Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required Work Experience:
- None required. Two years Pediatric experience preferred. Pediatric peripheral IV access skills helpful.Equal Employment Opportunity Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family's goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts. It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster: EEO is the Law Poster Supplement Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: TX-Austin-Dell Children's Medical Ctr, Austin , RN - Pediatric Registered Nurse - Venous Access (PICC), Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!