Industrial Engineer - Medical Device Manufacturing
Company: Kelly Services
Posted on: January 14, 2019
Kelly Services-- has been providing outstanding employment opportunities to the most talented individuals in the marketplace. We are proud to offer a temporary opportunity to work as an Industrial Engineer - Medical Device at a prestigious Fortune 500-- company working in Austin, TX.
This is a 9 month temporary position at 40 hours per week.
Important information: This position is recruited for by a remote Kelly office, not your local Kelly branch. To be considered for this position, you must use the "submit now" button below to submit your resumes. If you have questions about the position, you may contact the recruiter recruiting for this position (email@example.com) however your resume must be received via the "submit now" button included within.
The Industrial Engineer will be responsible for the performance and process improvement activities through the implementation of the Company Performance System HPS . This position will facilitate continuous improvement activities and establishing controls to advance the business process and information flow within the laboratory and manufacturing settings. Directly responsible for the site cost improvement programs including labor, materials, quality and equipment. This position will ensure tools for improvement include, Kaizen, job boards, acting as an SME on all continuous improvement tools.
1. Maintains the global standard of Company Performance System HPS including KPI management, standardized training platforms, coaching of employees and leaders on the implementation and use of continuous improvement tools. To include and is not limited to performance board huddles, problem solving, 5S, Kaizen, value stream mapping and lean management.
2. Establish systems that will provide a means for controlling processes and work flows in a systematic, controlled and consistent manner. Optimizing manufacturing and laboratory processes work streams from incoming and outgoing samples, supplies and materials.
3. Provide recommendations to optimize manufacturing and laboratory processes supporting daily operations and coordinate the writing, routing and approval of standard process / work instructions. Streamlining the process flow eliminating delays if observed in the current systems.
4. Establishes a system for tracking and trending the overall performance of the laboratory from method performance, equipment performance, investigations, stability sample storage and changes in workload to provide visibility. Identifying areas for continuous improvement and establishing corrective measures with effectiveness checks.
5. Prepares and publishes meaningful, accurate and current performance data for visibility and to aid in identifying areas for process improvements. Responsible for carefully evaluating the data to clearly understand actions that are needed support continuous improvement. Work closely with team leads and management to ensure alignment.
Kaizen, value stream, 5S, lean project management or six sigma master black belt, Required Advance skills with KPI, TPS Toyota Production Systems, problem solving,
Activities may include but are not limited to:
- Reporting and tracking of Manufacturing Variances
- Running what-if scenarios for potential cost reduction projects
- Product launches
- Developing op-mode changes
- New routers
- Plan/Std. Process
- Studying line activities
- Tracking/trending data analysis efficiency issues and opportunities
- Preparing Capital Requests and Volume changes op mode analysis
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit kellyservices.com and connect with us on Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter.Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. Equal Employment Opportunity
is The Law.
Keywords: Kelly Services, Austin , Industrial Engineer - Medical Device Manufacturing, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!