RN Registered Nurse - House Supervisor
Posted on: November 15, 2018
We Are Hiring Title: RN-Registered Nurse House SupervisorCity, State: Austin, TXLocation: Seton NorthwestDepartment: Nursing AdministrationAdditional Job Details: Part-Time NightsEXCITING OPPORTUNITY - Our nurses are at the heart of the care we provide. We work together to achieve a highly collaborative nursing environment that leads to more positive outcomes for you and your patients. We are committed to working together to create change. Come build this department with us and watch it grow!SIGN ON BONUS AVALIABLE FOR THOSE THAT QUALIFY!!What You Will Do At Seton, we're using the power of purpose to change healthcare for the better.As a Registered Nurse House Supervisor at Seton Northwest, you will have the opportunity to provide direct nursing care to patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. You will make frequent utilization of your critical decision making skills, as well as your innate assessment skills to gain a strong understanding of your patients current and future needs. You will then collaborate with the other members of your unique interdisciplinary team to best determine the next step for your patient. You will have autonomy in addition to the support and collaboration of a full team of healthcare professionals.Supervises and coordinates unit staffing and provides leadership while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality patient care in assigned area.You will:
- Assigns, directs, educates and monitors nursing and support staff during assigned shift. Contributes to or performs performance evaluations of staff.
- Assesses daily patient care needs and develops and distributes patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate patient care is given.
- Evaluates the effectiveness of patient care and identifies any issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Responds to complaints about patient care and manages through established channels.
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development and evaluating of staff.You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry. Why Join the Seton Healthcare Family? Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area's only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
Get in on the growth of this department! Have the opportunity to interact with a broad patient population.Austin, Texas is currently one of the hottest places to do business and one of the fastest growing cities in the United States.At Seton Family Healthcare, we promote teamwork. Shine on your own, with the support of a multi-disciplinary teamOngoing support. Continuing education and training, tuition assistance, technology and moreProfessional development to build skills and opportunities to advance.Giving back to the community is the core of what we do! Time and Time again our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be part of Seton's founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we service! We call that mission HumanCare and it is how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout our Central Texas Communities! Don't just take our word for it, come and find out!Seton Northwest Hospital (Ranked High Performing in U.S. News & World Report) offers convenient and comprehensive health services for our neighbors in northwest Austin. This 124-bed hospital provides a broad range of complex medical-surgical services in a warm, friendly environment.If you're looking for a home where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join the Seton Family Healthcare Team!!What You Will Need Licenses/Certifications/Registration:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association (AHA) obtained within 3 Months (90 days) of hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Texas Board of Nursing . Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing requiredWork Experience:
- 1 year of experience required.Equal Employment Opportunity Seton Healthcare Family is an equal employment opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and complies with all applicable federal, state and local equal employment regulations and laws. It is the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to afford equal employment opportunities to all employees and prospective employees without regard to their race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, citizenship status, veteran status, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic or status that is protected by federal, state, or local laws. This policy applies to all personnel actions, such as hiring, promotion, transfer, demotion, termination, layoff and all other conditions and privileges of employment in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. Affirmative Action goes beyond the concept of equal employment opportunity. Affirmative Action policies and programs are required to overcome the present effects of past discrimination and to achieve equal employment opportunity for members of groups that are or have been formerly under-represented. Affirmative Action policies and programs are tools whereby additional efforts are made to recruit, employ and promote qualified members of formerly excluded groups, even if that exclusion cannot be traced to particular discriminatory actions. Through specific and result-oriented activities, Seton Healthcare Family's goals are to ensure that every person is given full consideration through equal employment opportunity policies and practices and to achieve a representative workforce through its affirmative action efforts. It is further the policy of the Seton Healthcare Family to encourage vendors, contractors, affiliate institutions and others doing business with the Seton Healthcare Family to observe the principles of Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action. Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdfEEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdfPlease note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Ascension, Austin , RN Registered Nurse - House Supervisor, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!