Company: Covenant Management Systems
Posted on: November 10, 2018
ABOUT AUSTIN REGIONAL CLINIC:
We have been voted a top Central Texas employer by our employees for 12 years! We have 24 locations and are one of central Texas' largest professional medical groups. We offer the following benefits to eligible team members: Medical, Dental, Vision, Flexible Spending Accounts, Time Off, 401(k), EAP, Life Insurance, Long Term Disability, Tuition Reimbursement, Child Care Assistance, Health & Fitness, Sick Child Care Assistance and Development. For more information visit .
PURPOSE: Responsible for providing leadership to nursing staff, ensuring quality medical care by nursing staff, ensuring availability of medical supplies in the delivery of services, and managing change. Duties include coaching, motivating, staffing, evaluating, training, and developing clinical employees. Works closely with Clinic Manager, management team, physicians, staff, and patients assuring satisfaction and efficiency. Serves as a resource for nursing staff and assists with direct patient care as needed. Carries out all duties while maintaining compliance, confidentiality, and promoting the mission and philosophy of the organization.
- Ensures patient safety, quality care, and customer satisfaction.
- Demonstrates best practices and quality care.
- Collaborates with the physicians to ensure the staff is meeting their expectations and customer satisfaction is achieved.
- Provides adequate resources to ensure that the clinical staff have requisite clinical competencies to perform their jobs.
- Maintains personal competencies for all specialties in assigned clinic.
- Communicates changes and important information to the staff.
- Works efficiently with all departments to promote teamwork within the organization.
- Attends Nursing Ops regularly or sends clinic representation to every meeting, and participates on sub-committees as needed.
- Provides supervision to nursing and clinical staff.
- Directs, guides, teaches and counsels staff.
- Meets staffing requirements as determined by the clinic management team, in a manner that effectively and efficiently meets the needs of the providers and patients.
- Expected to regularly participate in direct patient care to meet the needs of the providers and patients.
- Builds communication and teamwork by holding regularly scheduled staff meetings to communicate clinic and/ or organizational information.
- Delegates effectively to share responsibilities with others. Considers the education, training, skill, competence, and physical and emotional abilities when delegating to clinical staff.
- Remains knowledgeable concerning policies and procedures, and implements them in their decision making.
- Maintains records of attendance, on-going evaluation, time off requests, and counseling.
- Interviews prospective employees and communicates with Human Resources throughout the hiring process.
- Works with Staff Development to coordinate new hire training for new employees.
- Coordinates on-site training for new and existing staff members.
- Promotes the organization's values as demonstrated through personal actions and conduct.
- Participates with management team in developing and working towards individual clinic goals.
- Role models and communicates organizational goals and values for the staff.
- Measures performance by using established standards and tools to evaluate clinical and operational performance of nursing staff.
- Evaluates performance and provides regular feedback to the staff.
- Coordinates with the Clinic Manager and Human Resources to provide and document counseling or discipline, as appropriate.
- Collaborates with the Clinic Manager to participate in formulating the clinic's financial decisions, annual budget, and business plan.
- Anticipates and manages costs effectively and efficiently.
- Promotes customer satisfaction through efficient processes and employee pride, contributing to overall organizational financial success.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Involvement in organizational development through meeting attendance and committee involvement.
- Attends ongoing organizational leadership training to improve leadership and supervisory skills.
- Assumes responsibility for the Clinic operations in the absence of the Clinic Manager as designated.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Education: Graduate of accredited nursing school.
Experience: At least two (2) years of nursing experience. Supervisory or lead experience preferred.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to provide excellent customer service.
- Strong nursing skills and ability to serve as a resource to staff.
- Ability to analyze problems, make decisions, and manage conflict.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
Certificate/License: Licensed Registered Nurse in the State of Texas. Current AHA approved Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card.
Keywords: Covenant Management Systems, Austin , Nursing Supervisor, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!