RN Registered Nurse - First Assistant - Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery (CVOR)
Company: Seton Family of Hospitals, TX
Posted on: October 10, 2018
Job ID: 271142 RN Registered Nurse - First Assistant - Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery (CVOR) Austin, Texas Regular / Day Additional Job Information RN Registered Nurse - First Assistant - Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery (CVOR)--- Cardiology Services - Dell Children's Medical Center - Austin, TX ---Full-Time, Day Dr. Charles Fraser, (a world renowned pediatric heart surgeon formerly in Houston)--recently moved--to Central Texas to spearhead the comprehensive Pediatric and Congenital Heart Disease program at Dell Children's Medical Center in Austin. We are hiring the best and brightest CVOR RNs around the country to be key members of this groundbreaking team. About Us Why Join Seton? -- Seton is a regional healthcare network made up of 10 hospitals that includes five urban acute care hospitals, two rural hospitals, the area---s only non-profit mental health hospital and over 100 clinic locations. --As a part of Ascension, Seton leverages national resources to improve care on a community level.
-- Notably, Dell Children---s Medical Center of Central Texas is a world-class pediatric medical center with its own Level I trauma center. Our newest hospital is Dell Seton Medical Center at The University of Texas, which opened in early 2017. --We are also very proud that Seton Medical Center Austin was recently named the-- #1 Ranked Austin Hospital in U.S. News & World Report, and is the region---s largest medical facility. -- Seton is changing healthcare for the better. Our system has over 12,000 employees and serves an 11 county population of over 1.8 million people. Together, we gain our power by listening and communicating We gain our power by listening and communicating. We show it by pitching in. We grow it by looking after one another. Seton is an environment of excellence, from our innovative spirit to the impact and influence we bring to Texas. -- Giving back to the community --- it's the core of what we do. Time and again, our associates tell us how rewarding it is to be a part of Seton's founding mission to deliver the best care possible with dignity and respect for everyone we serve. We call that mission Humancare and it's how our associates make a difference in the lives of people throughout Central Texas communities. -- We Provide Our Nurses: -- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient volume so nurses don---t get overwhelmed Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we can all give better care Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we---re implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning opportunities and support What you will do: The Registered Nurse - First Assistant in the Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery unit will provide direct assistance to surgeons before, during and after surgical procedures. Responsibilities:
- Positions patient to give best exposure for surgical procedure, using stabilizing equipment when necessary, while maximizing patient comfort and safety.
- Implement physicians orders to provide visualization of the operative site using appropriate method, including manipulation of tissue and materials, retraction, sponging, suctioning and irrigation.
- Utilizes appropriate technique to achieve temporary and permanent hemostasis.
- Assists with body plane closure, application of wound dressings and securing of drainage systems. What you will need: Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Advanced Life Support--specializing in--Advanced Cardio Life Support--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- BLS Provider--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Certification--specializing in--Pediatric Adv Life Support--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Certified Registered Nurse--specializing in--First Assistant--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse--specializing in--Operating Room--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred Work Experience:
- One (1+) years of Pediatric Cardiovascular nursing experience is required Equal Employment Opportunity Seton Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet. For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the following link to the ---EEO is the Law--- poster: http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/eeopost.pdf -- EEO is the Law Poster Supplement http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/ofccp_eeo_supplement_final_jrf_qa_508c.pdf Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. Share: -->
Keywords: Seton Family of Hospitals, TX, Austin , RN Registered Nurse - First Assistant - Pediatric Cardiovascular Surgery (CVOR), Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!