Nurse Educator- Women's services
Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: February 9, 2024
Description IntroductionSt. David's North Austin Medical Center
is committed to investing in the latest technology enabling nurses
to work more efficiently. Are you passionate about delivering
patient-centered care? Submit your application for Nurse Educator-
Women's services position and spend more time at the bedside with
the patient.BenefitsSt. David's North Austin Medical Center, offers
a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and
retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
You contribute to our success let us contribute to yours! Whether
you choose to focus on bedside care, a leadership or C-suite role,
shape business and operational outcomes, or work to deliver
clinical excellence behind the scenes in data science, case
management or transfer centers. Unlock your potential at St.
David's North Austin Medical Center!Job Summary and
QualificationsThe Clinical Professional Development Educator
enhances professional practice and the provision of quality patient
care by providing evidence-based quality educational programs and
activities that promote professional competency for nursing,
inter-professional, and non-licensed clinical staff at the assigned
facility. -In this role you will: -
- Participates in the development, coordination, managing,
facilitating, conducting, and evaluating of onboarding and
orientation programs for nursing and other healthcare personnel.
- Provides orientation/onboarding programs to promote employee
- Collaborates with the Director of Clinical Professional
Development to adjust the program based on evaluation results.
- Participates in the development, coordination, and management
of facilitating, conducting, and evaluating competency. -
- Designs and identifies educational activities to address
practice gaps for identified target audiences, including licensed
and non-licensed healthcare personnel, in alignment with HCA and
division clinical education request and development processes.
- Develops activities to achieve specific outcomes related to
identified deficits or opportunities for improvement in knowledge,
skill and practice. Plans educational content delivery that
encourages learner engagement. -
- Promotes and integrates the EBP in order to continuously
improve practice. Conducts, encourages, facilitates, and/or
participates in research, EBP, and QI in patient care settings.
- Identifies and develops strategies to facilitate a continuous
process of maturation through lifelong learning. -
- Utilizes novice-to-expert continuum when developing staff.
Identifies and provides opportunities for skill enhancement and
mastery. -What experience and education is needed for this role:---
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or
other clinical field Required -
- Master's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration or other
clinical field Preferred - -
- 3+ years' experience in an acute care setting Required - -
- 2+ years' experience in clinical education Preferred -
- Currently licensed as an RN in the state of practice or has an
active compact state license in accordance with law and regulation
- Basic Life Saving (BLS) Required -"Across HCA Healthcare's more
than 2,000 sites of care, our nurses and colleagues have a positive
impact on patients, communities and healthcare.
Together, we uplift and elevate our purpose to give people a
healthier tomorrow."- Jane Englebright, PhD, RN CENP, FAAN
Senior Vice President and Chief Nursing Executive Join a family
that cares about every stage in your career! We are interviewing
candidates for our Nurse Educator- Women's services opening. Apply
today and a member of our Talent Acquisition team will reach out.We
are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Austin , Nurse Educator- Women's services, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!