RN Charge Nurse - Part Time - Thurs/Fri 6am-6pm - Med Surg
Company: Longhorn Village
Posted on: September 21, 2023
RN Charge Nurse - Part Time - Thurs/Fri 6am-6pmWho We Are:
Voted Best of Austin in 2022, Longhorn Village is a Texas born and
bred not-for-profit retirement community that guarantees
independent living for our residents, plus a full continuum of
on-site care that includes assisted living, memory care, skilled
nursing and rehabilitation. If you love providing exceptional
customer service and are interested in serving the needs of a
growing community of active-minded senior adults, please consider
joining our award-winning team.
Who You Are:
We are seeking a skilled Registered Nurse with a strong positive
attitude toward customer service. This person will have a genuine
interest in geriatric care and be able to motivate while
maintaining relationship with staff and residents. The right
candidate will always strive to do the best job possible, to be
creative and to work towards accomplishing facility goals.
The staff nurse provides direct nursing care to residents in a 24
hour operation and delegates and supervises the care provided by
nursing assistants. Administers medications, performs treatments
and procedures, obtains specimens as needed, and completes
documentation as required.
Regularly exercises independent judgment and discretion in
assisting in the daily operation of the nursing department in
accordance with current nursing and medical practices and
procedures as well as applicable Federal, State, and local
standards, guidelines and regulations and as directed to assure
that the highest degree of quality resident care is maintained at
* Provide daily supervision and leadership to assigned staff and
directly provide nursing care to residents as assigned
* Assists residents with Activities of Daily Living, family/social
activities and actively promote independent life-style of
* Initiates the individual plan of care based on health care goals,
physicians orders and nursing assessments
* Assists residents in and out of bed or wheelchair with proper
* Records vital signs, nourishment logs, and other patient records
* Assures that the unit and resident room areas are maintained in a
clean and safe manner for resident comfort and convenience.
* Maintains work area and keeps the department in compliance with
OSHA safety standards
* Responds to all call lights promptly.
* Assists in assuring the maximum quality of life for all residents
by maintaining privacy, accommodating individual preference,
promoting independence, encouraging and assisting participation in
facility activities and events and communication respectfully at
* Maintains continuous communication with physician and team
Full Time Benefits:
* Medical, Dental, Vision, HSA, FSA
* Short Term Disability, Accident, Life Insurance
* Paid Time Off
* 403B Retirement Savings Plan with discretionary employer
* Employee Assistance Program
* Discount Meal Program
* Registered Nurse with a current State of Texas license.
* Must be able to communicate in courteous, friendly manner.
* Must be capable of functioning independently, have flexibility,
personal integrity, and the ability to work effectively.
* Must maintain a valid driver's license, maintain automobile
insurance coverage and have access to an automobile.
* Must be able to push a minimum of 200 lbs and be able to push
such weight a minimum distance of 200 ft.
Longhorn Village is an Equal Opportunity Employer and values
diversity within the workplace.
Keywords: Longhorn Village, Austin , RN Charge Nurse - Part Time - Thurs/Fri 6am-6pm - Med Surg, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!