Orthopaedic Adult Reconstruction Surgeon, Assistant/Associate Professor of Surgery
Company: Dell Medical School University of Texas at Austin
Posted on: September 20, 2023
The Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care at The University
of Texas at Austin Dell Medical School in conjunction with the UT
Health Austin are recruiting a full-time academic adult
reconstruction surgeon at the Assistant or Associate Professor
level to join the Division of Orthopaedic Surgery and partner in a
robust, growing practice within our Musculoskeletal Institute. Our
practice offers a unique opportunity to participate at the cutting
edge of Value-based Care delivery models in our multidisciplinary
clinic and state of the art ambulatory surgery center, while
simultaneously maintaining a tertiary referral practice at Dell
Seton Medical Center at the University of Texas to support the
revision arthroplasty needs of Central Texas. Resident and Fellow
teaching are an intimate part of our daily practice and strong
participation with GME is an expectation of position.
The candidate must be board-certified or board-eligible in
Orthopaedic Surgery with Fellowship training in Adult
Reconstruction. The ideal candidate will have requisite skills to
grow and maintain a clinical practice in primary and revision hip
and knee replacement with an keen interest in training residents
and fellows. We seek individuals with excellent clinical skills, a
passion for education, and potential for scholarly contributions to
join a dynamic department in an innovative, growing medical
About Dell Medical School
As part of The University of Texas at Austin, one of the nation's
leading research universities, the Dell Medical School pursues
innovation in the redesign of healthcare delivery, excellence in
healthcare research, and programs in interdisciplinary and
inter-professional education. It is the fifth medical school in the
UT System and the first medical school established in nearly five
decades by a member of the Association of American Universities, an
organization of leading public and private research universities.
An extraordinary commitment of resources, both public and private,
has already been made to enable the development and success of the
Dell Medical School. The School is partnering closely with the
community and regional healthcare providers and payers to provide
new models for health promotion, healthcare delivery, and clinical
care for the community's underserved population. The Dell Medical
School is especially interested in qualified candidates who can
contribute to diversity and excellence within the learning health
About the Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care
The Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care is comprised of
faculty in diverse specialties (anesthesiology, cardiothoracic and
vascular surgery, emergency medicine, general surgery, orthopaedic
surgery, otolaryngology, plastic surgery and urology) with a focus
on delivering outstanding care to the community.
The Department's mission is: Transforming the health and lives of
the diverse communities we serve through innovation in surgical
care, research and education.
In order to accomplish this our priorities are:
- To develop new models of person-centered, multidisciplinary
care that reward value.
- To educate and train future health care leaders.
- To develop research programs to evaluate new care delivery
- Serve as a clinical content expert in Adult Reconstruction for
Dell Medical School and Dell Seton Medical Center at the University
of Texas. Austin is a community with multiple excellent fellowship
trained arthroplasty surgeons who provide the majority of
straightforward arthoplasty care. Therefore, this role requires an
interest in complex revision surgery and tertiary/quaternary care
medicine in addition to primary joint replacement as part of our
population health approach in the MSK Institute.
- Participate in strategic planning and other efforts directly
tied to the development and growth of the Division of Orthopaedics
and the MSK Institute.
- Develop partnerships with referring physicians, hospitals, and
ancillary providers in Austin and Central Texas.
- Assist in the creation of a data and evaluation infrastructure
for regularly assessing the clinical quality and cost outcomes for
- Participate in the development and implementation of
Undergraduate and Graduate Medical Education curricula related to
evaluation and management of Adult Recon patients.
- Develop and foster an atmosphere of scientific and academic
inquiry in conjunction with trainees and researchers within the
- Collaborate with other schools at The University of Texas at
Austin on multidisciplinary, value-based care models.
- Actively participate in the academic department by all required
- Integrate an equity framework of health and health care into
all aspects of medical education, clinical, research, and community
- Medical degree from an accredited medical school;
- Current Board certification in Orthopaedic Surgery (or board
- Fellowship Training in Adult Reconstruction
- Unrestricted license to practice medicine in the State of Texas
(or the ability to obtain prior to appointment);
- Ability to work in a collaborative, multidisciplinary academic
- Outstanding clinical teaching skills;
- Innovative self-starter with a commitment to
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and organizational
- Eligible for appointment at the Assistant or Associate
Professor rank in the Department of Surgery and Perioperative Care
at Dell Medical School at UT Austin.
- Experience delivering care through a multidisciplinary team; as
well as an interest in driving scientific inquiry and
- Interest or expertise in value-based care and/or
musculoskeletal population health
- Commitment to and experience with integrating an equity
framework of health and healthcare in education, clinical,
research, and/or community impact;
Keywords: Dell Medical School University of Texas at Austin, Austin , Orthopaedic Adult Reconstruction Surgeon, Assistant/Associate Professor of Surgery, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!