Cath Lab Registered Nurse PRN Weekends at Heart Hospital of Austin
Posted on: May 25, 2023
*Weekends Only (7:00 am - 12:00 pm Saturday/Sunday*)
Do you have the career opportunities as a(an) Cath Lab Registered Nurse PRN Weekends you want in your current role? We invest in what matters most to nurses like you at home, at work, and at every stage in your career. We have an exciting opportunity for you to join Heart Hospital of Austin which is a part of the nations leading provider of healthcare services, HCA Healthcare.
Heart Hospital of Austin, offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Do you want to work where you have a voice? Nurses are at the forefront of our commitment to the care and improvement of human life. At HCA Healthcare, there are many ways for nurses to have a voice through professional practice councils, advisory councils, vital voices surveys, and units of distinction. We learn from our multi-generational nursing family. We partner with our Nurses at Heart Hospital of Austin!
Job Summary and Qualifications
As a Registered Nurse (RN) in the Cardiac Cath Lab, you will be responsible for nursing care and related assistance for adult and geriatric patients with a broad range of illnesses. You will handle assessment of patients, medication administration, direct and indirect patient care, circulating cases, scrubbing procedures and procedure documentation and monitoring.
* You will complete and document a patient assessment upon admission
* You will reassess and document changes in patient condition
* You will administer medications and monitor and document response
* You will monitor the patients overall status pre, during, and post procedure
* You will communicate any patient changes to the physician
* You will manage patients with a potentially life-threatening dysrhythmia or hemodynamic change via physician order by using medications and emergency equipment
* You will explain procedures to patients and assess their understanding
* 1 year of clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN)
* 1 year of Cath Lab experience in a cardiovascular setting preferred
* Associates degree in Nursing (ADN)
Licenses and Certifications
* Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License, Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
* Basic Life Support (BLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
* Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification per St. Davids Healthcare policy
This role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is approved).
, which is part of St. Davids HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest performing cardiovascular facilities in the nation. We specialize in... Please click to view full job description.
Keywords: Confidential, Austin , Cath Lab Registered Nurse PRN Weekends at Heart Hospital of Austin, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
here to apply!