Pediatric Float Pool Registered Nurse
Company: St. David's North Austin Medical Center
Posted on: May 25, 2023
Description Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's North Austin
Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join
our Team as a(an) Pediatric Float Pool Registered Nurse and access
programs to assist with every stage of your career. Benefits St.
David's North Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package
that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our
colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Note: Eligibility for benefits may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today for our Pediatric Float Pool Registered Nurse opening and continue to learn! Job Summary and Qualifications As a Float Pool Registered Nurse (RN) in Pediatrics, you will provide clinical expertise and the highest quality care in the most compassionate way. You will specialize in the medical treatment of infants, children and adolescents and assist families in addressing their options, problems, fears, and concerns for their child. - You will attend deliveries and performs neonatal stabilization and admission assessments of newborns
- You will create a plan of care, including discharge plans, revise the plans based on the patients' response to treatment and regularly evaluate plans for effectiveness
- You will conduct on-going assessments of infants and communicate any changes to Nurse Practitioner or Neonatologist
- You will administer medications and complete treatments according to hospital policy
- You will assist transport teams in stabilization of infants and provide necessary support and documentation to facilitate the transfer
- You will delegate work appropriately to non-licensed staff in accordance with standards of practice
- You will provide education and emotional support appropriate to age, culture, condition, and circumstance and incorporate patient/family teaching into all aspects of nursing practice
What qualifications you will need: Experience - 2 years of recent clinical nursing experience as a Registered Nurse (RN) in at least two of the following areas - Pediatric ICU, Pediatric Emergency Department, Pediatric Med Surg or Neonatal ICU. Education - Associate degree in Nursing (ADN) from an accredited nursing program
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) - preferred
Licenses and Certifications - Current State of Texas Registered Nurse (RN) license or Compact Registered Nursing License. If Compact License Texas license must be obtained within 90 days of hire
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Neonatal Resuscitation Program (NRP) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) certification required as per St. David's Healthcare policy
- Registered Nurse, Certified in Neonatal Intensive Care Nursing (RNC-NIC) - preferred
- S.T.A.B.L.E. Neonatal Education Program Certification - preferred
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certification - preferred
- Certified Pediatric Emergency Nurse (CPEN) - preferred
- Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN) certification - preferred
- Certified Pediatric Nurse (CPN) certification - preferred
David's North Austin Medical Center is a multi-specialty hospital in Texas with
more than 360 beds . The facility is home to St. David's Children's Hospital St. David's Women's
Center of Texas featuring a Level III NICU, a Kidney Transplant Center, and the Texas Institute for Robotic Surgery . Additional services
offered at this medical center include 24-hour emergency care, heart and vascular care, neurology and
neurosurgery, rehabilitation services, and inpatient and outpatient surgery. St. David's North Austin Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which is one
of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the third-largest employer in the Austin area. St.
David's HealthCare was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and two
local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown Health Foundation. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is important to you, we encourage you to apply for our Pediatric Float Pool Registered Nurse opening. Our team will promptly review your application. Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews. - Unlock the possibilities apply today! We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Description Introduction Are you looking for a place to deliver excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's North Austin Medical Center we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as a(an) Pediatric Float Pool Registered Nurse and access programs to assist with every stage of your career. Benefits St. David's North Austin Medical Center offers a total rewards package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
Keywords: St. David's North Austin Medical Center, Austin , Pediatric Float Pool Registered Nurse, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
here to apply!