Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Coordinator, ED - Emergency Department - $36-50 per hour
Company: St. David's Healthcare
Posted on: March 18, 2023
St. David's Healthcare is seeking a Registered Nurse (RN)
Clinical Coordinator, ED - Emergency Department for a nursing job
in Austin, Texas.Job Description & Requirements
- Specialty: ED - Emergency Department
- Discipline: RN
- Start Date: ASAP
- Duration: Ongoing
- Shift: nights, flexible
- Employment Type: PermanentShift: Nights (Rotating
Weekends)Description IntroductionAre you passionate about the
patient experience? At HCA Healthcare, we are committed to caring
for patients with purpose and integrity. We care like family!
Jump-start your career as a(an) Registered Nurse Emergency Clin
Nurse Coord today with St. David's Medical Center.BenefitsSt.
David's Medical Center, offers a total rewards package that
supports the health, life, career and retirement of our colleagues.
The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as free telemedicine services
and free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan with 10% off HCA Healthcare
- Family support through fertility and family building benefits
with Progyny and adoption assistance.
- Referral services for child, elder and pet care, home and auto
repair, event planning and more
- Consumer discounts through Abenity and Consumer
- Retirement readiness, rollover assistance services and
preferred banking partnerships
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
- Employee Health Assistance Fund that offers free employee-only
coverage to full-time and part-time colleagues based on
income.Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.
Come join our team as a(an) Registered Nurse Emergency Clin Nurse
Coord. We care for our community! Just last year, HCA Healthcare
and our colleagues donated $13.8 million dollars to charitable
organizations. Apply Today!Job Summary and QualificationsThe
Clinical Nurse Coordinator (CNC) ensures and delivers high quality,
patient-centered care and coordination of all functions in the
unit/department during the designated shift. In collaboration with
other members of the management team, the CNC directs, monitors,
and evaluates nursing care in accordance with established
policies/procedures, serves as a resource person for staff, and
models a commitment to the organization's vision/mission/values to
support an unparalleled patient experience and clinical outcomes
that contribute to overall departmental performance.
What you will do in this role:
- Assists with admission and discharge processes to ensure
efficient throughput and high quality, patient-centered
- Participates in the ongoing assessment of the quality of
patient care services provided in the unit, in collaboration with
other members of the management team.
- Collaborates with subject matter experts and other managers to
create an environment of teamwork that supports improved outcomes
- Supports a patient-first philosophy and engages in service
recovery when necessary.
- Supports the efforts of the facility to improve engagement by
operationalizing current nursing strategies, including employee
rounding, hourly rounds, and other initiatives.
- Provides recommendations related to interviewing, selecting,
and training new staff. Recommends and implements courses of
action, including training and development, conflict resolution,
personnel policy compliance, completion of performance evaluations,
and/or disciplinary actions to ensure a competitively better
- Assists with staff scheduling. Manages all practical aspects of
staff labor in accordance with patient care needs and established
- Supports proper inventory control and assists with managing
supplies and equipment.
- 2+ years' experience in healthcare related fieldEducation
- Associate Degree in Nursing
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing- Preferred (Required for new hires
as of 04/01/2019)License and Certifications:
- Currently licensed as a registered professional nurse in the
state(s) of practice and/or has an active compact license, in
accordance with law and regulation.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) required as per St. David's Healthcare
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (ACLS) certificationThis
role requires you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on
local, state and /or federal law or regulations (unless a medical
or religious exemption is approved)St. David's Medical Center is a
full-service hospital located in central Austin, Texas. This 300+
bed facility features a 24-hour emergency department, the region's
largest Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU), and the
internationally-renowned Texas Cardiac Arrhythmia Institute and St.
David's Neuroscience & Spine Institute. The full scope of services
provided at St. David's Medical Center includes cancer care, heart
and vascular care, imaging services, joint replacement and
orthopedics, women's services, complex surgical services, and a
Bariatric Surgery Center. The facility is home to a 60+ bed
rehabilitation hospital providing both inpatient and outpatient
St. David's Medical Center is part of St. David's HealthCare, which
is one of the largest healthcare systems in Texas and the
third-largest employer in the Austin area. St. David's HealthCare
was formed through a unique partnership between HCA Healthcare and
two local non-profits - St. David's Foundation and Georgetown
HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most
Ethical Companies-- by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten
times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated $3.7
billion in cost for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured
discounts, and other uncompensated expenses. "The great hospitals
will always put the patient and the patient's family first, and the
really great institutions will provide care with warmth,
compassion, and dignity for the individual."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If you are looking for an opportunity
that provides satisfaction and personal growth, we encourage you to
apply for our Registered Nurse Emergency Clin Nurse Coord opening.
We promptly review all applications. Highly qualified candidates
will be contacted for interviews. Unlock the possibilities and
apply today!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.St.
David's Healthcare Job ID #1-INFOR-731799. Posted job title:
Clinical Nurse Coordinator Emergency Department
Keywords: St. David's Healthcare, Austin , Registered Nurse (RN) - Clinical Coordinator, ED - Emergency Department - $36-50 per hour, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...