Regional Medical Director
Company: Southern Veterinary Partners
Posted on: March 17, 2023
The Medical Director is responsible for setting the highest
standard of care and working with doctor teams to achieve that
standard. Regional Medical Directors team with Regional Operations
Director to develop the team, drive the hospitals towards best
practices and lead them to pursue excellence in client and patient
care. This position territory will cover the state of Austin,
- Develop strong working relationships with Regional Operations
Director(s), veterinary teams and hospital managers to drive
hospitals to greater continuity, teamwork and best practices.
- Work with doctors to set development plans and conduct formal
annual reviews. Conduct frequent evaluations in areas of need to
support a doctor through a development plan.
- Encourage hospital doctors to develop and coach
paraprofessional staff to be highly competent and efficient
- Recruit and onboard new veterinarians to ensure fully staffed
- Develop veterinary leaders and mentors within each
- Work with hospital doctor teams to evaluate skill level,
strengths, and opportunities in:1) Medical proficiency2) Surgical
proficiency3) Client communication4) Medical charting5) Charging
- Conduct quarterly one-on-one meetings with DVMs to review
- Participate in monthly doctor meetings with individual hospital
teams to discuss best practices, hospital workflows and any changes
required to achieve the SVP standard of care.
- Work with doctor teams to make decisions regarding medicines
stocked in the hospital and recommended to clients.
- Ensure doctors hold themselves accountable to SVP standard of
- Hold self to highest standard by attending 30-40 hours of CE
- Supervise the intern and extern programs to ensure a positive
experience for students
- Represent SVP at the Veterinary Colleges in their
- Ensure compliance with all local, state, federal and DEA
- Collaborate with Regional Operations Director and Doctor team
to prioritize medical equipment and other capital expense
- Assist Regional Operations Directors in resolving doctor
- Perform other duties assigned.
- Doctor of Veterinary Medicine (DVM) degree from an accredited
- Licensure in good standing to practice
- Experience managing multi-site, veterinary hospitals.
- Hospital ownership or lead veterinary experience.
- Exceptional written and oral presentation skills; ability to
present concisely and with detail.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills; experience in
effectively communicating key data.
- Strong organizational skills and detail oriented. Southern
Veterinary Partners is an exciting, rapidly growing company
dedicated to improving lives through personalized care. This serves
the foundation for every decision that we make from striving to
exceptional client service to having the best people, processes,
knowledge and tools that allow us to be better today than we were
yesterday. As part of the SVP team, you will play an integral role
in shaping the future of our organization.Our team's continuous
dedication has rewarded us with remarkable growth, and Southern
Veterinary Partners now employs more than 8,000 employees
nationwide. The organization's success has not gone unnoticed,
landing us recognition as #19 on Newsweek's "Most Loved Workplaces"
list in 2022. Additionally, we have ranked among Inc. 5000's List
of "Fastest Growing Companies in America" (2018, 2019, 2020, 2021,
and 2022) and the Birmingham Business Journal's "FastTrack 30" of
the Fastest Growing Companies in Birmingham (2017, 2018, 2019,
2020, and 2021).As a full-time SVP team member, you and your family
will have access to a range of benefits to include:Health Care Plan
(medical, dental & vision), Retirement Plan to ensure your future
self is covered too, Life Insurance, Paid Time Off (vacation &
public holidays) because we work hard and play hard, Telemedicine
for when life throws you lemons, Short-Term Disability for when
life throws you more lemons, Discounted Veterinary Care for your
four-legged family members, and more! Our growth makes every day
exciting, allowing you to make a tangible and valuable impact on
the business of over 300 veterinary hospitals.
Keywords: Southern Veterinary Partners, Austin , Regional Medical Director, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!
Loading more jobs...