Registered Nurse Supervisor - House Supervisor
Company: City of Austin, TX
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Registered Nurse SupervisorBookmark this Posting - Print Preview
- Apply for this Job
Posting Title Registered Nurse Supervisor Job Requisition Number
COA088042 Position Number 117352 Job Type Full-Time Division Name
APH CD - Clinical Minimum Qualifications
Education and/or Equivalent Experience:
* Graduation from an accredited school of nursing, four (4) years
of experience in a clinical nursing setting, ambulatory care, or in
a hospital one (1) year of which was in a lead or supervisory
Licenses or Certifications:
* License to practice nursing in the State of Texas.
* Must have current healthcare provider Cardiopulmonary
Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card and will be required to
maintain a current certification during employment.
Notes to Applicants
Manage nursing staff performance through planning, coaching,
training, evaluating, and disciplining direct reports. Monitor
nursing staff and project performance and provide feedback and
direction to ensure employees and projects meet expected
* This position supports Austin Public Health's Mission and Core
Purpose identified in the Austin Public Health Strategic Plan.
* Departmental Competencies related to the position can be found on
Austin Public Health's website.
* Due to high-risk areas, Austin Public Health employees must
comply with the department's immunization policy.
Regarding your application
* Qualifying education experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities
must be clearly stated on your application. Resumes are welcome,
but we do not use any information provided on your resume to
qualify and refer you to the hiring department.
* A cover letter is required. In the cover letter candidates should
describe, in concise detail, their interest in this position and
highlight any prior experience that is relevant to this
* Work experience listed must include a month, year, and a
verifiable Supervisor or Human Resources phone number.
* Incomplete applications will not be considered.
* Each individual who submits an Application as provided in the
Municipal Civil Service Rules and meets the Minimum Qualifications
for a Competitive Position shall be considered a Candidate for that
Position. Employees, in Good Standing, who are candidates within
the Department or division that the Position resides in and who
meet the Minimum and Preferred Qualifications (if any) of the
Position will be included in the initial interview.
* When public health responds to an emergency you may be assigned
activities that are outside your regular job description. This may
involve responding at any time, including nights and weekends with
possible deployment to locations other than the Austin Public
* This position is eligible for Public Service Loan Forgiveness
(PSF) Program. This program is a federal program that is intended
to encourage individuals to work in public service by forgiving the
balance of their federal student loans. To qualify, the individual
must have made 120 qualifying payments while employed by a
If you are selected to interview
* Military/Veterans must provide a copy of their DD214 at the time
of the initial interview to receive military/veteran interview
* This position will require a pre-employment Criminal Background
* If you are identified as a top candidate, verification of your
education, which may include High School graduation or GED,
undergraduate, and/or graduate degrees, will be required.
Electronic Notification to Applications
* Applicants will be notified via e-mail to communicate important
information related to the status of their application as part of
an ongoing effort to increase operational efficiency, promote a
green environment and minimize delays and costs.
* Please ensure that the email address and contact information you
provide are current, secure, and readily accessible to you. We will
not be responsible in any way if you do not receive our e-mails or
fail to check your inbox in a timely manner.
* Applicants are encouraged to apply immediately. Please note that
the Department may close the job posting at any time after 7
$34.86 - $44.45
Monday-Friday; 8:00 a.m. -5:00 p.m.
Job Close Date 02/05/2023 Type of Posting External Department
Austin Public Health Regular/Temporary Regular Grant Funded or
Pooled Position Not Applicable Category Professional Location RBJ
Health Center, 15 Waller St. Austin, Texas 78702 Preferred
* Public Health supervisory experience.
* Experience in clinical management of sexually transmitted
infections and tuberculosis.
Duties, Functions and Responsibilities
Essential duties and functions, pursuant to the Americans with
Disabilities Act, may include the following. Other related duties
may be assigned.
* Establish work assignments and priorities in relationship to
nursing service available.
* Direct and coordinate the work of assigned nursing and support
personnel to provide patient care in an assigned
* Assist in planning educational programs for nurses, and other
clinical staff to meet needs of the department.
* Assist in preparation of clinical program budget proposals.
* Compile program statistics and reports.
* Respond to inquiries concerning clinic information and/or
inquiries on policies and procedures.
* Refer patients and families to other services or for follow-up
treatment based on assessment of health care needs.
* Provides direct patient care and support to clinical staff as
* Teach and counsel patients on disease prevention and health
* Maintain complete and accurate records of patient status and care
* Respond to patient request for information regarding services
* Respond to patient complaints received in person or via the
* Coordinate with administrative staff, as needed, concerning
Responsibilities - Supervision and/or Leadership Exercised:
* Responsible for the full range of supervisory activities
including selection, training, evaluation, counseling, and
recommendation for dismissal.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Must possess required knowledge, skills, abilities, and experience
and be able to explain and demonstrate, with or without reasonable
accommodations, that the essential functions of the job can be
* Knowledge of the principles and practices of ambulatory nursing
and of nursing services as employed in community health
* Knowledge of medicines and narcotics and their application for
* Knowledge of instruments and equipment used in providing routine
and specialized patient care.
* Knowledge of current community resources available.
* Knowledge of supervisory principles and practices.
* Knowledge of organization and coordination of community health
* Skill in planning, directing, and controlling the work of
subordinate employees to accomplish activities to provide maximum
* Skill in setting priorities and making judgments.
* Skill in recognizing the health needs and concerns of patients,
families and the community.
* Skill in communicating effectively orally and in writing.
* Skill in making sound decisions in emergency or stress
* Skill in establishing effective and constructive working
relationships with patients, families, physicians, other city
employees, and the general public.
Criminal Background Investigation This position has been approved
for a Criminal Background Investigation. EEO/ADA
City of Austin is committed to compliance with the Americans with
Disabilities Act. If you require reasonable accommodation during
the application process or have a question regarding an essential
job function, please call (512) 974-3210 or Texas Relay by dialing
The City of Austin will not discriminate against any applicant or
employee based on race, creed, color, national origin, sex, gender
identity, age, religion, veteran status, disability, or sexual
orientation. In addition, the City will not discriminate in
employment decisions on the basis of an individual's AIDS, AIDS
Related Complex, or HIV status; nor will the City discriminate
against individuals who are perceived to be at risk of HIV
infection, or who associate with individuals who are believed to be
Information For City Employees: If you are an employee within the
department, are in good standing and meet both the minimum and
preferred qualifications, then you will receive an initial
Required fields are indicated with an asterisk (*).
* * This position requires Graduation from an accredited school of
nursing, four (4) years of experience in a clinical nursing
setting, ambulatory care, or in a hospital one (1) year of which
was in a lead or supervisory capacity. Do you meet these minimum
* * Are you licensed to practice nursing in the State of Texas?
* * Please provide your license number.
(Open Ended Question)
* * This position requires a current healthcare provider
Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) course completion card and will
be required to maintain a current certification during employment.
Do you meet this requirement or have the ability to do so by the
time of employment?
* * If identified as the top candidate, do you agree to a criminal
* * Due to working in high risk areas, applicants applying for this
position must comply with the departments immunization policy as a
condition of employment. Can you meet this requirement?
* Yes, I will comply to the vaccinations required by the APH
* No, I cannot meet this requirement
* * Briefly describe your clinical experience in managing sexually
transmitted infections and tuberculosis.
(Open Ended Question)
* * Briefly describe your experience in supervising Public Health
Programs (include number of years and direct reports).
(Open Ended Question)
* * In the prior twelve months have you been employed by, owned any
interest in, or been an officer or board member, for any business
entity, including a non-profit organization, that is transacting
any business with the City of Austin, including a recipient of any
contracts, grants, or any funds of any kind from the City of
* Don't know
* If you answered yes to the previous question, please explain
(Open Ended Question)
Optional & Required Documents
* Cover Letter
Keywords: City of Austin, TX, Austin , Registered Nurse Supervisor - House Supervisor, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!