RN Visit Nurse
Company: Hospice Austin
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Mission Minded, Patient Centered.At Hospice Austin, our team
members work collaboratively to provide compassionate care,
services, and comfort to people with a life limiting illness. Join
one of Austins most beloved nonprofit organizations where employees
are valued and respected and enjoy making a difference while
receiving excellent benefits.Positions: RN Visit NurseFulltime,
Part time, and PRN AvailablePosition SummaryProvides nursing care
for patients as directed, responds to urgent changes in patient
condition or provides routine case management in lieu of primary
case manager. Job Responsibilities/Duties:
- Provides nursing care for patients as directed, responds to
urgent changes in patient condition or provides routine case
management in lieu of primary case manager.
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the impact of the
terminal diagnosis on the patient's physical, functional,
psychosocial, and environmental needs, activities of daily living,
risk for pathological grief, cultural and spiritual implications,
and verbal and non-verbal communication patterns.
- Performs nursing assessments, i.e. Vital signs, pain
assessment, breath sounds, etc.
- Triages patient care problems.
- Manages discomfort and provides symptom relief.
- Performs specialized nursing skills related to palliative and
- Initiates appropriate preventive and rehabilitative nursing
- Consults with and educates the patient and caregivers
(including home health staff) regarding disease process, self-care
techniques, end of life care, death and dying, comfort measures,
medication use and side effects, etc. process for dealing with
- Performs on-going evaluation of patient/family response to
- Assesses the ability of the caregiver to meet the patient's
immediate needs upon admission and throughout care.
- Provides psychosocial support to patients and families.
- Coordinates nursing, personal and homemaker care.
- Coordinates care with team members.
- Informs the physician and other personnel of changes in the
patient's needs and outcomes of intervention as needed.
- Coordinates personal care, DME, and obtaining medications and
- Coordinates all patient/family services and prioritizes needs
with IDG members.
- Documents in a timely manner patient assessments, patient
contacts, physician orders and progress notes that demonstrate
progress towards established goals.
- Acts as a liaison between patient and physicians, hospital
staff, home health staff, and other care team members to facilitate
ongoing clinical care.
- Works with Hospice Austin and hospital staff, when applicable,
ordering DME, meds, etc.
- Evaluates own needs for support and self-care.
- Recognizes and maintains professional boundaries and
relationships with patient/family/caregiver.
- Provides preparation and support for patients death; pronounces
deaths in accordance with state regulation, provides post mortem
care, handles body and death event with respect and dignity and in
accordance with patient/family/caregiver wishes.
- Other duties as assigned. Minimum Training/Education
- Graduation from an approved school of professional nursing as
determined by the Board of Nurse Examiners.
- Unrestricted license as a Registered Nurse by the Texas Board
of Nurse Examiners.
- Valid Texas drivers license, auto liability insurance and safe
- CPR certification. Preferred Qualifications:
- 1 year previous nursing experience.Benefits: Generous Paid Time
Off (PTO) Paid Holidays Paid Wellness Days Mileage reimbursement
Cell phone equipment and service Medical, dental, and vision
insurance Health savings account employer contribution 401(k)
retirement plan with substantial company match Employer paid life
insurance Employer paid short-term and long-term disability
Employee Assistance Program Gym membership discounts Employee
Referral Program Paid orientationApply at www.hospiceaustin.org or
call our office at (512) 539-6066 for more information.Hospice
Austin is an equal opportunity employer.
Keywords: Hospice Austin, Austin , RN Visit Nurse, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!