Company: KIPP Texas
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Company DescriptionKIPP Texas Public Schools is a network of 59
public charter, open-enrollment, pre-k-12 schools educating nearly
34,000 students across Austin, Dallas-Ft. Worth, Houston, and San
Antonio. Together with families and communities, our mission is to
create joyful, academically excellent schools that prepare students
with the skills and confidence to pursue the paths they choose
-college, career, and beyond-so they can lead fulfilling lives and
build a more just world.Founded in Houston in 1994, and operating
as KIPP Texas since 2018, our commitment to diversity, equity,
inclusion, and antiracism in our classrooms, in our offices, and in
the communities we serve is unwavering. We are looking to hire a
diverse team of dynamic, collaborative, and dedicated individuals
with an unyielding belief that every child will succeed. Join our
Team and Family and champion equity, chase excellence, persist with
purpose, bring joy, and help us rise together.KIPP Texas is part of
the national KIPP network of 255 college-preparatory public charter
schools in 20 states and the District of Columbia. Nationwide, KIPP
students complete four-year college at a rate of 36 percent,
comparable to the national average for all students and
approximately three times higher than the average of students from
low-income communities.You can see all our job opportunities at
https://kipptexas.org/join-our-team/ .Job DescriptionThe
OpportunityImplement district school health programs and provide
direct services to meet the needs of the students at their campus
and staff under the supervision of the Director of School Health
Services.Key ResponsibilitiesNursing Services
- Provide direct care utilizing school health protocols and care
plans established by the student's physician.
- Administer medication to students according to board policy and
- Implement mandatory screening programs and complete required
- Contribute to and implement the individualized student health
- Collaborate with campus principals, school counselors,
teachers, parents, food service, and others regarding the health
needs of students with health conditions.
- Communicate with parents.
- Participate in Admission, Review, and Dismissal Committee (ARD)
meetings of students with identifiable health needs.
- Collaborate with other professionals regarding implementation
of health-related Individual Education Plan (IEP) items.
- Educate faculty/staff as needed on health-related topics as
directed by the Director of School Health Services.
- Train unlicensed staff on health-related tasks as directed by
the School Health Services.Clerical
- Maintain accurate student health records (immunizations,
medications, state mandated screenings).
- Compile, maintain, and file all physical and computerized
reports, records, and documents on all students.Compliance
- Comply with policies established by federal and state laws,
Texas Department of State Health Services, Texas Education Agency,
and KIPP board policy.
- Maintain confidentiality.Professional Development
- Maintain certification in CPR, First Aid, vision and hearing
- Model behavior that is professional, ethical, and
- Completion/Graduation from accredited RN or LVN program
- Valid Texas license issued by the related Board of Nurse
- Must have a active RN or LVN license in TexasSpecial
- Knowledge of basic first aid and cardiopulmonary resuscitation
(CPR /First Aid/Healthcare Provider)
- Strong organizational, communication, and interpersonal
- Proficient in keyboarding skills
- Ability to use personal computer and software to enter data and
do word processing
- Ability to communicate effectively (verbal and written)
- Minimum one-year experience in direct patient care in a
hospital or a long care facility.
- Pediatric experience is preferred but not required.Additional
InformationCompensation and BenefitsAs a full-time KIPP Texas
employee you are eligible to participate in all KIPP Texas' benefit
plans. KIPP Texas offers a robust variety of benefits choices with
competitive rates, including medical, dental, and vision options,
life insurance, and disability plans.KIPP provides equal employment
opportunities for all applicants and employees. As an equal
opportunity employer, we hire without consideration of race,
religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual
orientation, marital status, veteran status, or disability.
Keywords: KIPP Texas, Austin , School Nurse, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!