Clinical Laboratory Technologist
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Are you an experienced Clinical Lab Professional? Are you
looking to embark on a new challenge in your career, or start your
career in Clinical Lab Science? If so, LabCorp wants to speak with
you about exciting opportunities to join our team as a Medical
Technologist or Technician at Seton Highland Lakes in Burnet, TX.
In this position you will work in a fast paced, customer focused,
and challenging environment, and will be a part of our overall
mission at LabCorp: "Improving Health, Improving Lives".
The work schedule for this position will be Monday-Thursday,
12:30pm to 11:00pm.
- Determine the acceptability of specimens for testing according
to established criteria
- Perform routine and complex technical procedures and functions
according to departmental Standard Operating Procedures
- Monitor, operate and troubleshoot instrumentation to ensure
- Demonstrate the ability to make technical decisions regarding
testing and problem solving.
- Prepare, test and evaluate new reagents or controls
- Report accurate and timely test results in order to deliver
quality patient care
- Perform and document preventive maintenance and quality control
- Identify and replenish testing bench supplies as necessary
- Assist with processing of specimens when needed
- Maintain a safe work environment and wear appropriate personal
- Associate's or Bachelor's degree in Biology, Chemistry,
Clinical Laboratory Science, Medical Technology or meet local
regulatory (CLIA & State) requirements
- Minimum 1 year of clinical laboratory testing experience is
required for Technologist level
- Previous experience is not required at the Technologist Trainee
- ASCP or AMT certification is preferred
- Ability to work independently and within a team
- Proficient with computers; Familiarity with laboratory
information systems are a plus
- High level of attention detail along with strong communication
and organizational skills
- Must be able to pass a standardized color vision screen
- Flexibility to work overtime or other shifts depending on
This site requires workers to be vaccinated for COVID-19. Labcorp
will consider reasonable accommodations If you are in need of an
exemption due to a medical contraindication/disability or religious
If you're looking for a career that offers opportunities for
growth, continual development, professional challenge and the
chance to make a real difference, apply today!
Labcorp is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer:
As an EOE/AA employer, Labcorp strives for diversity and inclusion
in the workforce and does not tolerate harassment or discrimination
of any kind. We make employment decisions based on the needs of our
business and the qualifications of the individual and do not
discriminate based upon race, religion, color, national origin,
gender (including pregnancy or other medical conditions/needs),
family or parental status, marital, civil union or domestic
partnership status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender
expression, personal appearance, age, veteran status, disability,
genetic information, or any other legally protected characteristic.
We encourage all to apply.
For more information about how we collect and store your personal
data, please see our Privacy Statement .
Keywords: Labcorp, Austin , Clinical Laboratory Technologist, Healthcare , Burnet, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!