Hemodialysis RN Full Time - Dialysis
Company: Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Austin
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Hemodialysis RN Full TimeThe Hemodialysis RN is responsible
* Providing direct patient care to inpatients in need of
* Supervising care, treatment and services of patient care provided
by LPNs, RNTs/CNAs, and other staff on assigned unit and shift
* Assessing and reassessing of patients
* Communicating appropriate information with the interdisciplinary
* Reporting patient concerns and changes in condition to supervisor
and/or physician in a timely manner
* Creating a plan of care that is individualize to patient needs
and is reflective of patient goals
License or Certification:
* Current RN licensures appropriate to state regulations
* CPR certification
* ACLS within 1 year of hire
* CRRN certification preferred
* Six months dialysis nursing experience required
* One year of experience in inpatient hospital setting
* Inpatient rehabilitation experience preferred
Machines, Equipment Used:
* General office equipment such as computer/laptop, telephone,
copy/fax machine, calculator, scanner, etc.
* Microsoft Office software, to include Outlook, Word, and
* Tablo dialysis machine
* Visual acuity, speech recognition, speech clarity.
* Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects weighing
a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and equipment and
the transferring and repositioning of patients. Reasonable
assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing, and/or pulling
are undertaken which exceeds these minimum requirements.
* Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
* Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required for
patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
Skills and Abilities:
* Oral communication, written communication, fluency in English,
* Information ordering, deductive reasoning, social perceptiveness,
time management, critical thinking.
* Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and meet
deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
* Ability to work independently without continuous supervision.
* Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
* Handicapped accessible.
* May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency or Productivity Standards:
* Has regular, reliable, and predictable attendance and
* Adheres to dress code including wearing ID badge.
* Adheres to Standards of Business Conduct.
* May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and/or
night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
* May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
* May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
* This position will support cultural diversity by promoting and
maintaining an inclusive work environment and culture that is
respectful and accepting of diversity.
Address: 330 West Ben White Road, Austin 78704
Job ID: 2236204
Contact Name - External: Amelia Luedecke
Contact Email - External: Lisa.Luedecke@encompasshealth.com
Keywords: Encompass Health Rehabilitation Hospital of Austin, Austin , Hemodialysis RN Full Time - Dialysis, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!