Lead Radiology Technologist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 25, 2023
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Lead Radiology Technologist with Heart Hospital of Austin you
can be a part of an organization that is devoted to giving
back!BenefitsHeart Hospital of Austin, offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Would you like to unlock your potential with a leading healthcare
provider dedicated to the growth and development of our colleagues?
Join the Heart Hospital of Austin family! We will give you the
tools and resources you need to succeed in our organization. We are
looking for an enthusiastic Lead Radiology Technologist to help us
reach our goals. Unlock your potential!Job Summary of the Lead
Radiology Technologist The Senior/Lead Radiologic Technologist
works closely with the Director and Supervisor at the Hospital to
train, assess competency and supervise technical and support staff.
Monitors all technical and clerical functions, which include
efficient patient throughput and effective utilization of equipment
and human resources, based upon patient load. Maintains Performance
Improvement and a Quality Control activities to direct and ensure
the quality of services rendered is acceptable and timely. The
Senior/Lead Radiologic Technologist is responsible for taking
radiographs according to the standards and practices set forth by
the American Registry of Radiologic Technologist. The Technologist
demonstrates knowledge of the human structure and functions,
patient care, positioning, principles of radiographic sciences,
radiation protection and specialized techniques. These activities
are performed within the Radiology Department and with portable
units outside the Department.Responsibilities of the Lead Radiology
- Lead and oversee the Technologists and clinical staff to ensure
the quality of work.
- Coordinates and prioritizes the department workflow to ensure
completion of work assignments.
- Accountable for Departmental functions and
- Contributes to the effective management of the Department.
- Demonstrate understanding of HCA's and "Patients First" safety
initiative by strict compliance to all safety protocols and
- Consistently produce films of optimal diagnostic quality on
patients ranging from neonatal to geriatric.
- Administer contrast media in accordance with the contrast
policies & procedures.
- Follow Patient Care and Safety Policies and Procedures.
- Provide full support by performing job-related duties.
- Perform clerical responsibilities as required.
- Participate in team-building and self- improvement
- Perform daily/weekly/monthly QC tests.
- Perform other duties as requested by Director of Imaging
Services.Qualifications of the Lead Radiology Technologist
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Graduate of an America Medical Association- approved program in
Radiologic Technology or meet requirements for Texas certification
of Medical Radiologic Technologist on an education equivalent
- Five years of experience in an acute-care setting as a
- Prior supervisory experience is preferred. LICENSES AND
- Medical Radiologic Technologist license through the Texas
- Registry in Radiologic Technology (R) through the American
Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
- Current BLS certification as per SDH policy This role requires
you to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and
/or federal law or regulations (unless a medical or religious
exemption is approved).Heart Hospital of Austin, which is part of
HealthCare, is a 58-bed hospital. We are one of the highest
facilities in the nation. We specialize in the diagnosis and
treatment of cardiovascular disease.
It features a comprehensive 24-hour emergency department. We have
an advanced Executive Wellness
Program. Our six operating rooms (ORs), including three hybrid ORs
serve the city of Austin. We have
three catheterization labs and electrophysiology services as well.
It is home to one of the largest non-academic cardiovascular
in the world.
HCA Healthcare has been named one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies by Ethisphere Institute
for over a decade.HCA Healthcare has been recognized as one of the
World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute more
than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated
$3.7 billion in cost for the
delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses."There is so much good to do in the world
and so many different ways to do it."- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests
in you! We are reviewing applications for our Lead Radiology
Technologist opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for
interviews. Submit your application and help us raise the bar in
patient care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value
diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of
race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation,
age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Austin , Lead Radiology Technologist, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!