Nurse Educator Registered Nurse RN (17360) - Educator
Company: Cornerstone Healthcare Group
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Nurse Educator Registered Nurse RN (17360)The Nurse Educator is
a professional nurse with in-depth scientific knowledge, technical
expertise, skill and competency and is qualified as an educator.
The educator serves as a consultant/resource in specialty area and
as a change agent by suggesting new or innovative approaches that
result in an improvement in quality. The Clinical Educator is
responsible for the educational needs assessment, planning,
development, delivery, coordination and evaluation of a variety of
clinical education programs for the hospital on all shifts. The
educator also provides support to the learner community and
supports ongoing Corporate initiatives.
* Collaborates with the hospital's leadership, line level staff,
physicians, and risk managers to develop and implement clinically
oriented educational information, materials, and programs for
* Serves as a resource to nursing staff and other healthcare
personnel in the acquisition of knowledge and skills related to
delivery of care to the high acuity, complex LTACH patient
* Coordinates and execute plans for the professional development of
the nursing staff.
* Models excellence in nursing practice through the utilization of
advanced concepts in the areas of assessment, diagnosis, planning,
implementation and evaluation of perceived, actual or potential
problems that occur in a variety of patient populations.
* Collaborates with the multidisciplinary team using the nursing
process to integrate the nursing perspective into a comprehensive
plan of care for the patient/family.
* Assists and provides direction to nursing staff with clinical
decision-making and priority setting.
* Functions as a preceptor, mentor, facilitator and innovator for
state-of-the-art nursing care with direct involvement in
implementing and evaluating new techniques and equipment for
safety, cost-effectiveness, and benefits related to nursing
* Serves as a clinical care resource to hospital-based teams.
Develops, reviews and recommends updates of Long Term Acute Care
(LTAC) nursing and clinical practice, policies and procedures.
* Obtains instructor certification for BLS and ACLS.
* Facilitates training program for PCCN or CCRN, based on facility
need/types of patients
* Collaborates with clinical nurses, physicians, and other members
of the healthcare team to problem solve complex clinical situations
for specialty needs of patients.
* Participate in hospital committees and meetings to facilitate
improvement of patient care and development of goals, philosophies
and objectives for a specialized patient population.
* Assists patients and family in the acquisition of information
related to health and wellness, including the prevention of illness
and injury, whether directly or via clinical nursing staff.
* Advances nursing practice through participation in professional
organizations, and community involvement.
* Evaluates evidence-based practices for utilization in the
expansion and improvement of LTAC patient care and patient
* Provides approved clinical services within scope of practice.
* Acts as expert clinician in educating hospital staff on clinical
processes, procedures and information.
* In collaboration with the medical staff and nursing staff,
monitors the clinical care of patients and provides clinical
consultation to improve patient care and patient outcomes.
* Acts as a role model and leader, change agent to improve clinical
care, and cost-effective nurse.
* Works a minimum one weekend shift per month and one night shift
per month to make sure educational initiatives are standardized and
executed across all shifts and rotations of clinical staff.
* Must be willing to travel between Hospitals.
* Ability to project a professional image
* Knowledge of regulatory standards, compliance requirements and
hospital policies and procedures
* Working knowledge and ability to apply professional standards of
practice in job situations
* Strong organizational and analytical skills
* Working knowledge of personal computer and software applications
used in job functions (Word processing, graphics, databases,
* Excellent writing and speaking skills in order to effectively
carry out key education and communication functions
* Knowledge of health care facility functions
* Persons who have been found guilty by a court of law of abusing,
neglecting, or mistreating individuals in a health care related
setting are ineligible for employment in this position
* Freedom from illegal use of drugs
* Freedom from use of and effects of use of drugs and alcohol in
Education and/or Experience:
* Bachelors or Master's Degree in Nursing with a clinical focus
* Preceptor/mentor experience preferred.
* Knowledge of adult learning techniques and trends, principles and
methods involved in educational instruction of nursing and clinical
and non-clinical personnel, demonstrating new techniques, products
and methods of patient care services and procedures unique to LTAC
* Two years ICU/Critical Care clinical nursing experience within
the last four years, preferred.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
* Current unencumbered nursing license in the state of
* PCCN or CCRN certification, preferred.
* Current Clinical Nurse Specialist Certification or Current
Advanced Practice Nursing Certification, preferred.
* Obtain AHA CPR and ACLS instructor certification within 1 year of
* Must maintain current Provider CPR certification and Advanced
Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) certification throughout
Cornerstone Healthcare Group, based in Dallas, Texas, was founded
in 1990 and provides excellent healthcare services to our patients,
residents and their families.
Our employees make a difference, join us so you can too! We pride
ourselves on our quality of care, responsive service, and
commitment to excellence. We treat each employee, patient and
resident like we would a member of our own family, and measure our
success by the direct impact we have on improving the quality of
life for our employees, patients and residents.
Keywords: Cornerstone Healthcare Group, Austin , Nurse Educator Registered Nurse RN (17360) - Educator, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!