RN Hospice Specialist
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: January 24, 2023
Description IntroductionAre you looking for a place to deliver
excellent care patients deserve? At St. David's Hospice & Family
Care we support our colleagues in their positions. Join our Team as
a Registered Nurse Hospice Specialist and access programs to assist
with every stage of your career.In this position you will be the
point person between our hospice agency staff and hospital staff
working on assessing patients within the hospital and determining
if they are appropriate for our hospice inpatient or being able to
go home with hospice care.
BenefitsSt. David's Hospice & Family Care offers a total rewards
package that supports the health, life, career and retirement of
our colleagues. The available plans and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of absence)
Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for benefits
may vary by location.
Are you a continuous learner? With more than 94,000 nurses
throughout HCA Healthcare, we are one of the largest employers of
nurses in the United States. Education is key to excellence! As a
majority owner of Galen College of Nursing, which joins Research
College of Nursing and Mercy School of Nursing as educational
facilities within the HCA Healthcare family, we make it easier and
more affordable to gain certifications and job skills. Apply today
for our RN Hospice Specialist opening and continue to learn!Job
Summary and QualificationsResponsible for providing direct patient
care in accordance with physician orders, recognizing standards of
practice and establishing company policies and procedures.
Responsible for following the plan of care, providing care and
education and working collaboratively with the members of the team
to help meet positive patient care outcomes.What you will do in
- Completes an initial, comprehensive and ongoing assessment of
patient and family to determine hospice needs. Provides a complete
physical assessment and history of current and previous illness
- Assesses and evaluates patient's status by writing and
initiating plan of care.
- Responsible for the planning, coordinating and delivery of
quality interdisciplinary home health Hospice care services.
Compliance with company standards and federal/state guidelines will
be maintained at all times.
- Initiates the plan of care and makes necessary revisions as
patient status and needs change.
- Gathers data from prior History and Physical, Clinician Visits
notes, labs and procedures patient and family/ caregiver report
enter into HCHB. Coordinates with Physician and Coders for accurate
Diagnosis and co-morbidities.
- Reports assessment to referring and/ or attending Hospice
Physician, Medical director and obtains orders for Hospice
- Develops a care plan that establishes goals, based on Hospice
diagnosis and incorporates palliative nursing actions. Includes the
patient and the family in the planning process.
- Documents medications and treatments as prescribed by the
physician in the patient's plan of care. Educates patient, family/
caregivers on appropriate use of medications.
- Provides health care instructions to the patient and family/
caregiver as appropriate per assessment and plan.
- Performs routine, supervisory, recertification and discharge
nursing visits as assigned by manager.
- Completes, maintains and submits accurate and relevant clinical
notes regarding patient's condition and care given. Records
pain/symptom management changes and outcomes as appropriate.
- Communicates with the physician regarding the patient's needs
and reports changes in the patient's condition; obtains/receives
physicians' orders as required.
- Communicates with community health related persons to
coordinate the care plan.
- Teaches the patient and family/caregiver palliative/ comfort
care as appropriate. Provides medication, diet and other
instructions as ordered by the physician and recognizes and
utilizes opportunities for counseling with patients and
families/caregivers. Works in concert with the interdisciplinary
group.What qualifications you will need:
- Associate's Degree or Diploma (Graduate) of an accredited
Registered Nursing program is required
- Minimum of one (1) year experience as a Hospice Nurse is
- Current State RN License
- Reliable transportation and proof of valid automobile liability
- Must have valid driver's licenseThis role requires you to be
fully vaccinated for COVID-19 based on local, state and /or federal
law or regulations (unless a medical or religious exemption is
approved).Hospice & Family Care provides physical, emotional, and
spiritual support for patients and families. We help navigate each
step of their hospice journey. Our Care teams include physicians,
nurses, therapists, hospice aides and social workers. Also, music
therapists, spiritual counselors, volunteers and bereavement
specialists are part of the care team. Our services include regular
scheduled visits and on-call support. Patients can receive hospice
care at home or a skilled nursing center. Hospice care is also
available at an independent or assisted living community or a
hospital. We are committed to ensuring our patients have the
fullness of life, dignity and the respect they deserve. HCA
Healthcare raises the bar on what comprehensive hospice care looks
like. Just like family, we pull together to care for and support
our patients and each other. HCA Healthcare has been recognized as
one of the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere
Institute more than ten times. In recent years, HCA Healthcare
spent an estimated $3.7 billion in cost for the delivery of
charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other uncompensated
expenses. "Good people beget good people."- Dr. Thomas Frist,
HCA Healthcare Co-Founder If growth and continued learning is
important to you, we encourage you to apply for our RN Hospice
Specialist opening. Our team will promptly review your application.
Highly qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Unlock the possibilities apply today!We are an equal opportunity
employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate
on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,
sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Austin , RN Hospice Specialist, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!