Pathologist - Gynecological and Breast Surgical
Company: Sonic Healthcare USA
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications:Sonic Healthcare USA (SHUSA) is seeking an
experienced board-certified Anatomic Pathologist with
sub-specialization in Gynecological and Breast Surgical pathology
to join a growing specialty pathology practice affiliated with
Clinical Pathology Laboratories in Austin, Texas. This position
offers numerous opportunities for a rewarding experience of
leading/contributing to an expansive subspecialty practice in
Austin, TX and nationally with the potential to impact the field of
gynecological and breast surgical pathology via Sonic Healthcare
USA's large network service of excellence. The ideal candidate is a
productive pathologist with excellent interpersonal skills, a
commitment to high quality patient care, and an interest in
advancing the field of gynecological and breast surgical pathology.
Job Summary:Diagnose presence and stage of diseases using
laboratory techniques and patient specimens and studies nature,
cause and development of diseases, and structural and functional
changes caused by them. Essential Key Responsibilities:
- Examines and interprets prepared tissue sections and body
fluids and secretions by using a variety of microscope techniques,
including light microscopy, electron microscopy and fluorescence
- Diagnosis, from body tissue, fluids, secretions or other
specimens the presence and stage of disease or other abnormalities,
utilizing laboratory techniques and dictates findings.
- Identifies the etiology, pathogenesis, morphological change,
and clinical significance of diseases.
- Consults with referring physicians about ordering and
interpreting tests or providing treatments.
- Provides diagnostic information to the treating/referring
physician in the form of a written pathology report.
- Participates in proficiency testing programs and
intradepartmental meetings to establish measures to ensure and
improve accuracy of diagnoses and quality of care.
- Participates in professional organizations, conferences and
seminars to keep abreast of developments in pathology.
- May perform gross examination, dissection and description of
specimens according to procedure.
- May train and educate laboratory personnel, students, and
residents in the processing of specimens.
- May take photographs of specimens when indicated for patient
reports or archival purposes.
- May consult with peers on difficult cases as requested or
- May teach residents on a rotating basis.
- May plan and supervise the work of the pathology staff,
residents or visiting pathologists.
- May testify in depositions or trials as an expert witness.
- May perform autopsies.
- May perform on-call responsibilities.
- Completes annual training programs within the required
timeframe and regularly attends staff meetings.
- Maintains strictest confidentiality.
- Complies with all State, Federal, professional regulations as
well as company and departmental rules, polices, and procedural
- Adherence to CAP, CLIA, State Regulations, HIPAA, Safety and
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Be a doctor of medicine or doctor of osteopathy; and
- Possess an unlimited and unrestricted license to practice
medicine or osteopathy in the state in which the laboratory is
located, and applicable states in which laboratory receives
specimens or be eligible to obtain licensure; and
- For Gynecological and Breast Surgical Pathology:
- Completion of an approved four year residency in anatomic
and/or clinical pathology with sub specialization in gynecological
and breast surgical pathology; and
- Fellowship training in either gynecological and / or breast
surgical pathology is highly desirable; and
- Be certified in anatomic or clinical pathology, or both, by the
American Board of Pathology or American Osteopathic Board of
Pathology or possess qualifications that are equivalent to those
required for such certification. Experience:
- Minimum of one year pathology experience. Requirements:
- Successful completion of a pre-employment visual color
- Complies with Board of Medicine on annual continuing medical
- Gain/Maintains appropriate medical staff membership and
privileges at applicable medical facilities. Equipment:
- Computer, computer programs, information system(s),
microscopes, laboratory equipment, camera, general office
equipment, and personal protective equipment.
- Knowledge of established and evolving biomedical, clinical,
epidemiologic, and social behavioral sciences as well as the
application of this knowledge to patient care and education of
- Knowledge of the information and techniques to diagnose and
treat human diseases.
- Knowledge of national, state and local regulations and other
- Knowledge of laboratory policies and procedures.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, quality management, quality
assurance and quality control.
- Knowledge of principles and methods for curriculum and training
design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and
the measurement of training effects.
- Skill in written and verbal communications.
- Skill in gathering, analyzing, and interpreting
- Ability to establish and maintain positive relationships with
employees, physicians, vendors, clients, and external
- Ability to exercise initiative, problem solving, and decision
- Ability to establish priorities and coordinate work
- Ability to work independently and make reliable recommendations
and diagnoses as definitive in the care of treatment of patients.
Environmental Working Conditions:Office Setting; with minimal time
in a laboratory setting; exposure to communicable diseases, toxic
substances, blood borne pathogens and chemical hazards. Physical
Requirements:Physical demands are representative of those that must
be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential
functions of this job. The employee is occasionally required to
stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger; handle, or feel objects,
tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; climb stairs;
balance; stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl; talk or hear; taste or
smell. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 5
pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job include close
vision, distance vision, and the ability to focus. Requires visual
acuity and normal color perception.Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work
Shift: Company:Clinical Pathology Laboratories, Inc.This unique
opportunity comes with a competitive salary and full benefits
including medical, dental, a matched 401K plan and more. Be a part
of Sonic Healthcare; a global healthcare company and one of the
largest pathology/laboratory medicine companies worldwide. For
questions about this opportunity you may also contact:Jerry W.
Hussong MD, MBAChief Executive OfficerSonic Healthcare USA12357-A
Riata Trace Pkwy,Suite 210Austin, TX 78727Phone: Sonic Healthcare
USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and
is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race,
color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Sonic Healthcare USA, Austin , Pathologist - Gynecological and Breast Surgical, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!