Analytical Chemistry Lab Assistant
Company: Sonic Reference Laboratory, Inc
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Job Functions, Duties, Responsibilities and Position
Qualifications: POSITION SUMMARY The Lab Assistant is responsible
for preparing analytical solutions (ie. buffers and mobile phase
solutions) for sample analysis using accurate techniques and
efficiently following SRL procedures. The Lab Assistant will clean
and maintain lab equipment and maintain overall lab cleanliness,
work with Team Leads and Supervisor to maintain and organize lab
inventory, empty waste and dispose of biohazard bins as needed and
perform routine lab checks during the week. In addition, the Lab
Assistant will help file paperwork associated with run packets and
solution pages. SCHEDULE/SHIFT: Tuesday-Saturday shift from 9:00 am
to 5:30 pm. RESPONSIBILITIES Assists with preparation of routine
solutions under the supervision of the supervisor or director.
- Prepares solutions such as mobile phases and buffers
- Makes and records observations and performs mathematical
- Documents promptly and clearly all procedural processes
- Cleans laboratory glassware and helps maintain lab
- Organizes storage and restocking of laboratory supply
- Performs laboratory checks
- Assists with disposal of biohazardous and chemical waste
- Other duties as assignedAssists with administrative duties.
- Files records
- Makes copies of relative forms used for production and
validation.QUALIFICATIONSEDUCATION: Associates or Bachelor's degree
or technical institute training in a science or science related
field, preferred. EXPERIENCE: Preferred- Laboratory related
experience KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to understand written and verbal instructions.
- Must be able to work well with variety of laboratory
- Excellent attention to detail. Basic computer knowledge.
- Must be able to work with constant interruptions.
LICENSE/CERTIFICATION (REQUIRED/PREFERRED): None required.
Scheduled Weekly Hours:40Work Shift:1st Shift (United States of
America)Company:Sonic Reference Laboratory, Inc Sonic Healthcare
USA is an equal opportunity employer that celebrates diversity and
is committed to an inclusive workplace for all employees. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race,
color, sex, religion, age, national origin, disability, genetics,
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression,
or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local
Keywords: Sonic Reference Laboratory, Inc, Austin , Analytical Chemistry Lab Assistant, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!