Activity Therapist - PRNs
Company: Camp Recovery
Posted on: September 22, 2022
* Complete activity assessment through patient observation and
patient/family interview, obtaining information on the patient's
needs, skills, interests and limitations for the development and
implementation of the treatment plan.
* Plan, organize, direct and implement the activities within the
treatment program to facility patient progress with treatment
* Plan and implement an activities program including but not
limited to therapeutic leisure skills and activities, leisure
education and leisure awareness.
* Facilitate and lead activity sessions to improve patient mental
and physical well-being.
* Instruct patients in activities and techniques, such are sports,
dance, music, art or relaxation techniques designed to meet their
* Develop treatment plans and implement activity interventions that
meet patient needs and interests and helps the patient achieve
his/her treatment goals.
* Engage patients in therapeutic activities, such as exercise,
games and community outings.
* Help patients learn social skills needed to become or remain
* Modify activities to suit the needs of specific groups.
* Demonstrate a positive, empathetic and professional attitude
towards customers always. When patient needs are not met,
acknowledge and work to resolve complaints. Recognize that patient
safety is a top priority.
* Perform other functions and tasks as assigned.
* Bachelor's Degree in Therapeutic Recreation, Recreational Therapy
or related field required.
* Master's degree preferred.
* Three or more years' experience in recreation in a healthcare
setting with knowledge of patient population served by the facility
* Previous experience in recreation in a healthcare setting is
Keywords: Camp Recovery, Austin , Activity Therapist - PRNs, Healthcare , Austin, Texas
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!